Coil springs

One of my friends from the north, he always says pop instead of soda, most annoying thing ever....

That's not the worst of it. The worst part is they don't even say "pop", they say "pahp". It's right up there with "hoagie". The worst of all of them is the southerners calling a hat a "toboggen". And then they argue with me about it. It's 90* here in November and they are trying to tell me a wool hat is a sled. WTF do they know about either of them?

That's not the worst of it. The worst part is they don't even say "pop", they say "pahp". It's right up there with "hoagie". The worst of all of them is the southerners calling a hat a "toboggen". And then they argue with me about it. It's 90* here in November and they are trying to tell me a wool hat is a sled. WTF do they know about either of them?
Lmao. We have our own language in Maine. Well NE anyways. My wife is from Houston and it makes me laugh when we visit. My father in law calls the fridge an ice box.

re·frig·er·a·tor
rəˈfrijəˌrādər/
noun
an appliance or compartment that is artificially kept cool and used to store food and drink. Modern refrigerators generally make use of the cooling effect produced when a volatile liquid is forced to evaporate in a sealed system in which it can be condensed back to liquid outside the refrigerator.

Not entirely sure what Webster means by this, but I'd totally have a beer with the guy...

I was kidding. I do know what a fridge is, but...I grew up in Oklahoma and we called them "ice boxes" too. When I was in in basic training years ago, about 90% of my company was from Chicago, and they all thought us Okies and Texans talked kind of funny, too.

Back