Coilovers to support Bumper

hgibby11

I ordered a Pelfreybilt aluminum bumper that will weight 65lbs. Are adjustable toytec coilovers 0-3" good for anyone?

This is her now. Without bumper.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1423674831.884651.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1423674831.884651.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 51
Not sure about the Toytec but I just added a 200 lbs. bumper with an 85 lbs. winch. I kept stock springs but put them on the Bilstein 5100 shocks. I'm very pleased with the ride.

I heard the functionality of body armor is Crap. What do you think now that you have it? I think it looks good.

Thanks. I've been happy with it so far. :)
The only problem I ran into was with the bolts and washers supplied with the bumper. Rust in a matter of days. Nothing a can of epoxy spray paint can't take care of. Lol. I find that the tailgaters don't get as close now.

Well I've only had it on for a few weeks now but it came with a decent coat of paint so far. We will see what an Alaskan winter does to it next winter. :)

The only real issue I noticed is when I put it on the truck, the winch mount is adjustable but where the bumper mounts, it is not adjustable. I needed to shift it all about a half an inch but there wasn't a way to. However, it's not a show truck and you can't really tell when you step back from it.

I tried out the winch for the first time yesterday and the bumper had no issues. It pushed over a lot of brush with no problems at all.

Well I've only had it on for a few weeks now but it came with a decent coat of paint so far. We will see what an Alaskan winter does to it next winter. :)

The only real issue I noticed is when I put it on the truck, the winch mount is adjustable but where the bumper mounts, it is not adjustable. I needed to shift it all about a half an inch but there wasn't a way to. However, it's not a show truck and you can't really tell when you step back from it.

I tried out the winch for the first time yesterday and the bumper had no issues. It pushed over a lot of brush with no problems at all.

Ok can it take a telephone poll down like my Ironman did?

Back