Cold air intake

bluenoser

Hey folks. Recently bought my first taco. It already had a k&n cai installed. Should I leave it or go back to stock somehow? I have read a bit about them and any advice would be appreciated.

Keep it if you like the noise but remember it will be an issue when smog time comes if you have it in your area. I’d go back to stock if can easily.

Hey folks. Recently bought my first taco. It already had a k&n cai installed. Should I leave it or go back to stock somehow? I have read a bit about them and any advice would be appreciated.

Ur also throwing air filter oil on your maf sensor and throttle body with the k&n.

Last edited:

Welcome to the forum. Like Whip said, If you don’t have emissions where you’re at keep it if you like it.

had a cai on my Tundra for 10 years, never failed emissions testing.

Different truck means different setup. 2nd gen Tacomas have a secondary charcoal filter behind the regular air filter that traps any gasoline fumes. Most intakes remove the factory airbox which contains that secondary filter. Any removal of smog equipment is an automatic fail.

Thanks all. We don’t have emission testing here to worry about. My concern is taking best care of the engine.

Back