Cold air intakes. Want to put one in. Any good ideas? Which brand is good? Also I'm in Calif.

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by b-rad, Jul 2, 2015.

1. b-rad

b-rad Active Member

2013 taco 4x4

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Demo Man

Demo Man Well-Known Member

URD TCAI. By far the best out there. That's just my opinion. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1435892702.425680.jpg

4. OP
    b-rad

b-rad Active Member

Thanks. I'll check it out!

5. Demo Man

Price isn't bad. But I bought the MAF calibrator with. It ties into your ECU and unleash more HP. Wakes the truck up big time. I paid $465 for both. Any question just ask.

6. Deisel88

Deisel88 Well-Known Member

Where did you get the maf calibrator

7. Demo Man

Same as the intake. URD.

8. OP
    b-rad

b-rad Active Member

Hey Demo Man----
    Does the URD TCAI allow for the engine cover to be installed?

9. Demo Man

Yes. Have to cut a small piece so it fits over the tube. I have yet to do that. When I get back off vaca I'll get it done and post a pic. Thursday or Friday.

10. silverpataco

silverpataco Well-Known Member

You know what they say about opinions? Not to get technical on you, but, if I remember some very old physics correctly. I won't get into formulas. Putting that extra pipe length and doing a 180 deg turn with the air in is not the most efficient way for this to be done!

11. silverpataco

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1436130731.180950.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1436130775.035868.jpg
    Just like gradual bends in the exhaust air out!

12. OP
    b-rad

b-rad Active Member

Something else to check out!

13. NapalmTRD

NapalmTRD Well-Known Member

You say it like it the TCAI is only a foot in overall length whereas it's a foot or so per section between bends. That makes a difference when it comes to airflow

Wait for it...

14. OP
    b-rad

b-rad Active Member

Good or bad?

15. silverpataco

Ok this is easy! None of the intakes are going save the penny pinchers thousands of dollars per year in fuel saving!!! It's all about preference. If your trying to save fractions of seconds at the drag strip. Then I'm sure we could test them all and find the best !

16. WiskyT

WiskyT Well-Known Member

a 90* bend is equal to 10 feet of pipe.

17. silverpataco

That's what she said!

gman556 and WiskyT like this.
  18. WiskyT

WiskyT Well-Known Member

Zactly!

19. OP
    b-rad

b-rad Active Member

Another question. How is the air routed at the rt. ft. fender intake?

20. OP
    b-rad

b-rad Active Member

Demo Man---
    Did you install the engine cover yet?

21. Demo Man

I did. My bad. Been super busy this weekend. I'll get a pic posted tomorrow for you.