Concerts

B.C.

Anyone else here like me and loves going to concerts?
I have been to 137 so far, and just bought my tickets to James Taylor for April 15th.
Now I don't expect anyone to know who James Taylor is, but I am excited. Hoping to be able to walk to it, because won't be easy if still in a wheelchair.
Last year I went to concerts in NY City, Atlanta, Vegas, Vancouver, Calgary, Kelowna, and Seattle. Weird part is I don't like crowds, but love concerts. Slow start this year with April 15th being my first one.

I haven’t been to anywhere near that many, but I have been to a few. Going to see Shinedown this year. Saw them do an acoustic set list a few years ago. Other than that, I’ve seen theory of a deadman, hinder, crossfade, in this moment, 38 special, Aaron Lewis, Justin Timberlake (that was with the wife) and many of cover bands that include Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, and Michael Jackson and they do nothing but music from those performers. I’m a hard rock/metal kinda guy though and play a little guitar myself. What events I really enjoy going to though is visiting the Nashville Predators NHL team at Bridgestone arena. Being from the south, hockey really isn’t a thing at all down here but I love watching it and there’s no place Bridgestone. That place comes alive

Anyone else here like me and loves going to concerts?
I have been to 137 so far, and just bought my tickets to James Taylor for April 15th.
Now I don't expect anyone to know who James Taylor is, but I am excited. Hoping to be able to walk to it, because won't be easy if still in a wheelchair.
Last year I went to concerts in NY City, Atlanta, Vegas, Vancouver, Calgary, Kelowna, and Seattle. Weird part is I don't like crowds, but love concerts. Slow start this year with April 15th being my first one.
U are certaily a music lover! That's so cool that you travel to concerts. All part of the total experience. :) I just read about James Taylor's upcoming tour. I saw him a couple of years ago and it was very good. I've been a fan of his through the years. I tend to go to 4-5 concerts a year. While I've seen performers such Bruce Springsteen, Eagles, Bob Dylan, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Elton John, and eve Johnny Cash over the years in large stadiums I find that I more drawn to smaller venues and concert halls now. I like the intimate setting, smaller crowds and acoustics much more. I've enjoyed recent performances by Graham Nash, Blue Rodeo, Burton Cummings, Jim Cuddy with his son, Jann Arden, John Prine, David Foster, Tom Rush, Stampeders (yes, they'really still playing :)) Murray McLachlan, The Sadies .... it's kinda neat in that I have done the full circle from small to large and back to small venues again. When I was in my early teens (going waaaay back here) i starte going to my first concerts and went to a small coffee shop that had great acts and I got too see many blues artists that are now long gone. I feel blessed that I got to see blues giants like, T- Bone Walker, Sonny Terry & Brownie McGee, Gary Davis.... artists I am sure, are not familiar to most :)

Fire and Rain, classic tune - which I'm sure is one of your favs. When I was a teen, my mama told me I wasn't allowed to go to concerts until I was an adult because girls come home pregnant. I got into sooo so much trouble sneaking off to an Ozzy and Motley Crue concert when I was 13. Got busted half way there and was I was sentenced to life in my bedroom. My first concert was Metallica '92... and yep I got pregnant. [emoji23] Mama was always right! Been to a few local concerts and some down in Jackpot. My last one was Foo Fighters when they FINALLY came back to Boise. I took my youngest daughter. We had an amazing unforgettable time! Would love to see FF again. But yeah concerts are cool, big crowds not so much. Hope you get out of your wheels soon so you can enjoy the season.

I haven’t been to anywhere near that many, but I have been to a few. Going to see Shinedown this year. Saw them do an acoustic set list a few years ago. Other than that, I’ve seen theory of a deadman, hinder, crossfade, in this moment, 38 special, Aaron Lewis, Justin Timberlake (that was with the wife) and many of cover bands that include Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, and Michael Jackson and they do nothing but music from those performers. I’m a hard rock/metal kinda guy though and play a little guitar myself. What events I really enjoy going to though is visiting the Nashville Predators NHL team at Bridgestone arena. Being from the south, hockey really isn’t a thing at all down here but I love watching it and there’s no place Bridgestone. That place comes alive
I'm a bigtime Flyers fan ([emoji849] i know, i know). Going to see a home game against Pens is definitely on my bucket list!

Fire and Rain, classic tune - which I'm sure is one of your favs. When I was a teen, my mama told me I wasn't allowed to go to concerts until I was an adult because girls come home pregnant. I got into sooo so much trouble sneaking off to an Ozzy and Motley Crue concert when I was 13. Got busted half way there and was I was sentenced to life in my bedroom. My first concert was Metallica '92... and yep I got pregnant. [emoji23] Mama was always right! Been to a few local concerts and some down in Jackpot. My last one was Foo Fighters when they FINALLY came back to Boise. I took my youngest daughter. We had an amazing unforgettable time! Would love to see FF again. But yeah concerts are cool, big crowds not so much. Hope you get out of your wheels soon so you can enjoy the season.
That is sooo good Tooter!! -thanks for sharing! :)

As weird as these may sound, because the music is all over the place, i have no real favorite type, my 20 top concert list is in no particular order.

Eva Cassidy-my first reallly memorable concert and not long before she passed away.

Gordon Lightfoot
Bryan Adams
Billy Joel
Miley cyrus
GnR
Floyd
Aerosmith
Metallica
Scorpions
Anne Murray
Van Halen
Garth Brooks
Tim McGraw
Reba
Allan Jackson
Dolly Parton
Celtic Women
Toby Keith
Gaga

I won't bother mentioning the worst ones lol.

But most memorable top 3 are.

Eva Cassidy
Tim McGraw
Miley Cyrus

As weird as these may sound, because the music is all over the place, i have no real favorite type, my 20 top concert list is in no particular order.

Eva Cassidy-my first reallly memorable concert and not long before she passed away.

Gordon Lightfoot
Bryan Adams
Billy Joel
Miley cyrus
GnR
Floyd
Aerosmith
Metallica
Scorpions
Anne Murray
Van Halen
Garth Brooks
Tim McGraw
Reba
Allan Jackson
Dolly Parton
Celtic Women
Toby Keith
Gaga

I won't bother mentioning the worst ones lol.

But most memorable top 3 are.

Eva Cassidy
Tim McGraw
Miley Cyrus
I love your eclectic taste in music. Mine is very similar. I've been to Andrew concerts: Kiss, Charlie Daniel's, Hermin's Hermits (if anyone remembers them) and Clint Black. The thing with me is I hate stupid people and concerts are full of them. That's why I dont go to concerts anymore.

For you Tooter...

Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone
Susanne the plans they made put an end to you
I walked out this morning and I wrote down this song
I just can't remember who to send it to
I've seen fire and I've seen rain
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again
Won't you look down upon me, jesus
You've got to help me make a stand
You've just got to see me through another day
My body's aching and my time is at hand
And I won't make it any other way
Oh, I've seen fire and I've seen rain
Been walking my mind to an easy time my back turned towards the sun
Lord knows when the cold wind blows it'll turn your head around
Well, there's hours of time on the telephone line to talk about things
To come
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground
But I always thought that I'd see you, baby, one more time again, now
Thought I'd see you one more time again
There's just a few things coming my way this time around, now
Thought I'd see you again.

For you Tooter...

Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone
Susanne the plans they made put an end to you
I walked out this morning and I wrote down this song
I just can't remember who to send it to
I've seen fire and I've seen rain
Won't you look down upon me, jesus
You've got to help me make a stand
You've just got to see me through another day
My body's aching and my time is at hand
And I won't make it any other way
Been walking my mind to an easy time my back turned towards the sun
Lord knows when the cold wind blows it'll turn your head around
Well, there's hours of time on the telephone line to talk about things
To come
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground
But I always thought that I'd see you, baby, one more time again, now
Thought I'd see you one more time again
There's just a few things coming my way this time around, now
Thought I'd see you again.
Aw, very nice! :) Thank you, sir. Such a classic.

This subject came up a few months ago.. so I made a list. Missing a few but it was the 60's and 70's.

Fleetwood Mac
Springsteen
Doors
Steppenwolf
Chambers Brothers
Bob Dylan and The Band
Jimi Hendrix
Buddy Miles Express
Chicago (CTA)
Hugh masekala
Buffalo Springfield
Peter Paul Mary
Brewer and Shipley
Quincey Jones
James Taylor
Carole King
Barbara Streisand
Lt. Elmo
John Hartford
Gordon Lightfoot
Byrds
Dillard and Clark
Earl Scruggs
Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks.
Steve Goodman
Buckingham Nicks
Sir Douglas Quintet
Joni Mitchell
Garth Brooks
Juice Newton
Martina McBride
Leon Russell
Anne Murray
Cold Blood
Spencer Davis
Jim Croce
John Prine
Moody Blues
Cat Stevens
Blood Swear and tears
John Hartford
Elvin Bishop

This subject came up a few months ago.. so I made a list. Missing a few but it was the 60's and 70's.

Fleetwood Mac
Springsteen
Doors
Steppenwolf
Chambers Brothers
Bob Dylan and The Band
Jimi Hendrix
Buddy Miles Express
Chicago (CTA)
Hugh masekala
Buffalo Springfield
Peter Paul Mary
Brewer and Shipley
Quincey Jones
James Taylor
Carole King
Barbara Streisand
Lt. Elmo
John Hartford
Gordon Lightfoot
Byrds
Dillard and Clark
Earl Scruggs
Steve Goodman
Buckingham Nicks
Sir Douglas Quintet
Joni Mitchell
Garth Brooks
Juice Newton
Martina McBride
Leon Russell
Anne Murray
Cold Blood
Spencer Davis
Jim Croce
John Prine
Moody Blues
Cat Stevens
Blood Swear and tears
John Hartford
Elvin Bishop
Well, I am just a grinnin' …What a compilation! That is an impressive and enjoyable list! Many are on my playlists. Thank you for posting!

Fleetwood Mac
Springsteen
Doors
Steppenwolf
Chambers Brothers
Bob Dylan and The Band
Jimi Hendrix
Buddy Miles Express
Chicago (CTA)
Hugh masekala
Buffalo Springfield
Peter Paul Mary
Brewer and Shipley
Quincey Jones
James Taylor
Carole King
Barbara Streisand
Lt. Elmo
John Hartford
Gordon Lightfoot
Byrds
Dillard and Clark
Earl Scruggs
Steve Goodman
Buckingham Nicks
Sir Douglas Quintet
Joni Mitchell
Garth Brooks
Juice Newton
Martina McBride
Leon Russell
Anne Murray
Cold Blood
Spencer Davis
Jim Croce
John Prine
Moody Blues
Cat Stevens
Blood Swear and tears
John Hartford
Elvin Bishop

Damn that is a great list. I wish i was 40 years older so i could have seen some of the greats.
Would have loved to see Elvis, John Denver, Frank Sinatra, Beach Boys, Simon and Garfunkel, Carpenters, Johnny Cash, Buddy Holly, and so many more. I would like to see 500 concerts before I die, but doesn't look like I will make it unless I pick up the pace a lot.
Thanks for sharing!

I remember that too! We're showing our age! LOL
I grew up in the country where there was no cable. I remember when I got to my Air Force tech school dorm. I walked into the lobby and they had a TV in the corner showing MTV. I was in total awe. I'll never forget that moment or the Tears For Fears "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" video that was playing.[emoji3]

Now I catch my favs on YouTube like B-Man. Queen live at Wembley Stadium is my absolute favorite. Seen it a hundred times at least

Back