Condensation in Headlight

TacoJoe11

Last week I had washed and waxed the truck and after doing so I noticed one of my headlights had acquired some moister and fogged up the lens. I'm pretty frustrated because I bought these aftermarket headlights (Anzo), not too long ago, and took the time to add silicon sealer around the existing seal to prevent this from happening. We've had a few rain showers since it first fogged up and it still condensates, which leads me to believe it has to be the headlight seal.

Anybody out there have this happen, and is there a common area where the seal tends to fail? This weekend I plan on removing the bulbs and using a hair drier to dry up the moister and add an extra bead of silicon along the top edge of the headlight. I'd rather not take out the headlight, because it was a pain having to remove the front bumper and all those screws and clips...just to remove a headlight!

I would just take them apart an reseal them. It's not too hard. FYI you don't need to remove the bumper to take out the headlights. If you rotate them 90 degrees they come right out. The 3M window weld works good and it's easy to work with.

Back