Considering 2014 Tacoma - Some questions

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by Jason92s, May 29, 2014.

1. Jason92s

Jason92s New Member

I've owned my 2003 F250 for 11 years and it's time to sell, so I've been looking at a smaller truck (used to do a lot of trailering with the F250, won't with my new one). I'm targeting a new Tacoma or Tundra. I like the price point on the Tacoma and everything is has to offer. My only concern is the room in the back seat. We have 3 kids, and it seemed like the center console/rear cupholder took up a lot of room and made it nearly impossible for a kid to sit there. Curious if anyone has any thoughts on this as it's really the only thing keeping us from pulling the trigger. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Thewarriordinghy

Thewarriordinghy Well-Known Member

I drive my family, i got a fiancee, and her parents, her teenage brother and me. We all fit fine, the adults and brother in the back. Most we travel like that is an hour. How far you plan on going?

4. Thewarriordinghy

Her dad also has a first gen tundra, and it has more leg room, but barely more shoulder room in the back.

5. OP
    Jason92s

Jason92s New Member

Good info thank you. At most we'd probably drive two hours away. Our daily commute is about 30 miles each way but that's without the kids. We usually rent a can if we go on a long vacation. We just left the dealership and it's actually not as cramped as I remember. Our 16 yo would be driving this too so we think it'll be easier than a Tundra to maneuver.

6. Thewarriordinghy

Most definantely... I can park the tacoma frontwards, backwards, parralel (im in construction so i do that some) and its really easy to do. The tundra was TOO hard! And both are double cabs. The room wouldnt be too bad for 2hrs... (Longest trip was 6hrs in it).

7. Thewarriordinghy

Just make sure your kid aint got lead foot lol....

zee taco likes this.
  8. OP
    Jason92s

Jason92s New Member

She drives like her mom. I probably shouldn't say anymore :)

Thanks again. Hoping to be a new Tacoma owner by the weekend!

9. Thewarriordinghy

Get a trd model because the seats are better. Trust me, the regular seats get dirty easier. Good luck with the dealers!!!

10. OP
    Jason92s

Jason92s New Member

Thanks for letting me know, I didn't even realize there was a difference! I have an old friend that's the fleet manager at the dealership that I've known for 20 years. He'll do everything up front so all I do is walk straight into finance :)

11. Thewarriordinghy

Sounds good! Wear them down forthat good deal!

12. BRAVISIMO

BRAVISIMO 2014 TACO DC/LB/V6/SR5 PR

Can't go wrong with a 2014 Tacoma. I don have the TRD THOUGH. KINDA WISH I DID. but I can always buy aftermarket.

13. Savage21

Savage21 Well-Known Member

I'll sell you all my TRD stuff. Front and rears off a 2014. 800 miles on them

14. BRAVISIMO

If you have the same color as I do, maybe the hood scoop? Is it ornamental or does it actually help the engine breathe?

15. Demo Man

Demo Man Well-Known Member

Don't mean to butt in on this. The scoop is just for looks. Nonfunctional. BUT......there is a thread where they made if functional. And it looked darn good. Just a little FYI.

16. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

The scoop is for looks only. It is too small and too far back to serve any purpose. Hot air will rise out of it if you open it but air will not be rammed inm

17. Demo Man

18. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Very old thread. Cool project but in the end it does nothing.

19. Demo Man

I saw it was old. I can't remember how I came across it. But I thought I'd throw it in for some info.

20. BRAVISIMO

Thanks @Demo Man . Read the thread. Pretty informative, not to mention creative. But like @whippersnapper02 said, it does nothing which is disappointing. Any ideas how to get more airflow or cool the engine down?

21. Demo Man

I know. Creative for sure. I know some guys run the URD CAI. Gadget is a genius when comes to stuff for the trucks.