Considering... is this deal ok?

DarkSky

I'm new to the forum and am considering a new 2016 Tacoma SR5 V6, auto, double cab, 2WD, appearance package, auto dimming mirror, all weather mats, door edge guards.

MSRP $30963
Internet price quote $29428
(discount $1535)

Any opinions on this deal?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm new to the forum and am considering a new 2016 Tacoma SR5 V6, auto, double cab, 2WD, appearance package, auto dimming mirror, all weather mats, door edge guards.

MSRP $30963
Internet price quote $29428
(discount $1535)

Any opinions on this deal?

Thanks
Not sure how much you need it, but I wouldn't pay 30k for a truck that doesn't have 4wd... There will be a time when you wish you had it

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1463571628.186560.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1463571653.689660.jpg
I 'll sell you this one after Toyota replaces the frame in two months. I bought it in Dec 2014, last July 2015 I started my build up of it. Paid $19,000 put another $15,000 plus into it. $22,500 would be the price.

Not sure how much you need it, but I wouldn't pay 30k for a truck that doesn't have 4wd... There will be a time when you wish you had it
Another local dealer has the same in 4wd for about $3k more MSRP. I'll check their "e-price". I've been debating about 4wd. Even though I wouldn't use it a lot, it's probably good to have when I might need it.

Another local dealer has the same in 4wd for about $3k more MSRP. I'll check their "e-price". I've been debating about 4wd. Even though I wouldn't use it a lot, it's probably good to have when I might need it.
Its also a good idea for holding resale value a 4x4 holds resale much better than its 2wd counter part

You will feel a lot more confident with 4wd

Look for the dealer invoice price list for 2016. If you dig around on tacoma world you should be able to find it there.

OP here ... I now own a 2016 SR5 V6 4WD with appearance package, tow packag, tonneau cover, all weather mats, & door sill protector, "Barcelona.Red Metallic" with black & red interior. I decided to go with 4WD, rather than my intial intention of 2WD. After working the deal with my trade, I ended up with about $2500 off MSRP and a bit more for my trade than I expected. I also worked a bed mat into the deal. I owned a Prerunner and an early model Tundra years ago, so it's fun to get back into a pickup. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement.

OP here ... I now own a 2016 SR5 V6 4WD with appearance package, tow packag, tonneau cover, all weather mats, & door sill protector, "Barcelona.Red Metallic" with black & red interior. I decided to go with 4WD, rather than my intial intention of 2WD. After working the deal with my trade, I ended up with about $2500 off MSRP and a bit more for my trade than I expected. I also worked a bed mat into the deal. I owned a Prerunner and an early model Tundra years ago, so it's fun to get back into a pickup. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement.

Back