Consumer Reports Hates our Tacomas!

White is a great color just a pain to keep clean for me. I am sure my Barcelona Red will fade in the FL sun but it looks good now, LOL
Gonna use Finish Kare FK1000 and hope it protects as advertised!

Well I consulted my Tacoma and it doesn't recommend Consumer Reports. Of course I've been ignoring them for years. They pissed me off about 40 years ago.

Besides I think for myself. Do my own research.

Just got the latest issue of consumer reports and boy do they beat down on the Tacomas. I guess I am one of the lucky ones that has had no issues so far and enjoy everything about the truck! According to them I should have bought a Ridgeline or Colorado!!
I have a 2016 Tacoma SR5 4x4. I would have to agree with the magazine. I've owned 4 Toyota's and this is the sorriest one ever. Sluggish no power,transmission want shift right. Brakes vibriate and worn out at 35,000 miles. I guess thats why there has been 4 recalls on this truck and 108 TSB's for repairs.

I have a 2016 Tacoma SR5 4x4. I would have to agree with the magazine. I've owned 4 Toyota's and this is the sorriest one ever. Sluggish no power,transmission want shift right. Brakes vibriate and worn out at 35,000 miles. I guess thats why there has been 4 recalls on this truck and 108 TSB's for repairs.
Oh man I think I’ve only had 1 recall and 8 TSB’s done. I’m 100 behind. :(

I must be lucky so far as I have had no issues with my 2017 except for what I consider a sluggish battery.

Check out Car Complaints.com look up Tacoma 2016 it is the worst year for TSB's and other problems reported.
Did you actually scroll through them because they repeat the same TSB’s over and over and over and over on there. Also some of them are for the 2015 Tacoma.
There are not 108 TSB’s out for the third gen Tacoma.

Back