Cut the front mud flaps

HellaNella420

It was pretty easy and i didnt bother taking them off to do it....took 15 minutes using a pair of tin snips. In case anyone wants to know how here you go.

1. Measure how much you want to cut off and make a straight cut across the flap. Save the piece you cut off.
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1371679755.626489.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1371679766.804675.jpg

2.Take the piece you cut off and tape it to the back side.
3 Trace the rounded edges and cut them out.
4. Sand rough edges away (i dont carr how good you are w/ tin snips sand them anyway.
5. Snap pix of finished product.
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1371679953.887880.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1371679968.404452.jpg

There it is, no more scrapage on speed bumps. Things were lower to the ground than my mazda was.

Looks good man, that was the first thing I did to my truck when I bought it. I used a dremel but the same basic result. :thumbsup:

Looks good man, that was the first thing I did to my truck when I bought it. I used a dremel but the same basic result. :thumbsup:

Would have used the dremel but didnt feel like running the cord to my driveway or wasting my gas using the truck's outlet. The tin snips cut thru them like butter, since it was warm out here today.

When i scraped em going over a speed bump...game over out came the snips. Nice temp solution til i can score some husky ones. In the meantime i'll rock the cuts they look alright.

Back