DEATH WOBBLE

TroupTaco

09 TRD SPORT prerunner.. I have death wobble on braking.. The rotors are straight as an arrow.. It happens more when it's colder or wet.. Any ideas??

1. Bleed the lines
2. ABS sensor inop
3. Throwing darts here
4. I usually don't act right in cold or wet:rolleyes:
Report back please, I'm intrigued

I had that happen on my 2006 Taco... turns out that the discs were not sliding on the pins and were getting hung up... I replaced the corroded pins and fixed..!!

Try taking the pins out brass brush them or clean on a wire wheel grease reinstall might be all you need! I just put on new rotors last week with ceramic pads! Only getting 3-4 months out of rotors! My truck with full tank of gas and my 275 ass weighs 5925 lbs. Came off the assembly line at 4000lbs that's my problem!

Check your rack and pinion bushings or if you have hub centric wheels there is a spacer that fits between the wheel and hub I can't remember what there called but I had the same problem change those parts book gone drives like it's new I have 96 Toyota Tacoma 2.4

09 TRD SPORT prerunner.. I have death wobble on braking.. The rotors are straight as an arrow.. It happens more when it's colder or wet.. Any ideas??
Do you have aftermarket wheels? Recently change them? These Sx can accrue with the wrong lug nuts or not having them torqued properly. There is a specific type of lug nut that pushes the rim on correctly. hub-centric ones. this ensures that you can center the wheels easily. Lug-centric are more difficult to center. Make sure you torque them down in the star pattern and use a torque wrench. 85lbs.

Do you have aftermarket wheels? Recently change them? These Sx can accrue with the wrong lug nuts or not having them torqued properly. There is a specific type of lug nut that pushes the rim on correctly. hub-centric ones. this ensures that you can center the wheels easily. Lug-centric are more difficult to center. Make sure you torque them down in the star pattern and use a torque wrench. 85lbs.
Didnt think about that.
Good Dx

Back