Debadged 2nd Gen Tacoma

TacoBone

Forum,

I'm looking to get my hands on a 2011-2015 Black Tacoma TRD Sport Access Cab with Grey Interior.

I want to debadge it and take the TRD stickers off. I will also lift it 3-4 inches and go with new tires and wheels. I have some questions:

1.) How easy/difficult is it to do the debadging and take off the stickers from an older vehicle? Will it look awful? Will it rip paint off? How different will the paint look that was under the stickers / badging?

2.) Does anyone know where I can get a Tacoma like I described above... maybe one that had everything taken off right after they bought it?

I want my end state to look something like the picture attached.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Willing to fly to pick something up wherever.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Blacked Out Taco.gif
    Blacked Out Taco.gif
    850.4 KB · Views: 78
Heat and Goo-Gone work wonders.
A truck that "young" shouldn't have any noticeable fading to the paint, though you may need to polish the are due to differences in wear and wax buildup.

Good luck finding one at a good price, you are almost better off buying brand new.

Forum,

I'm looking to get my hands on a 2011-2015 Black Tacoma TRD Sport Access Cab with Grey Interior.

I want to debadge it and take the TRD stickers off. I will also lift it 3-4 inches and go with new tires and wheels. I have some questions:

1.) How easy/difficult is it to do the debadging and take off the stickers from an older vehicle? Will it look awful? Will it rip paint off? How different will the paint look that was under the stickers / badging?

2.) Does anyone know where I can get a Tacoma like I described above... maybe one that had everything taken off right after they bought it?

I want my end state to look something like the picture attached.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Willing to fly to pick something up wherever.

Thanks!
I'd go to every dealer in my area and tell them exactly what I want and let them find it for me. They will try to sale you something on their lot right away even if it's not what you wanted. Keep to your guns and say no until they find it for you. You'll have to pay for it and it might take a few months of badgering then but you'll get what you want.

I'd go to every dealer in my area and tell them exactly what I want and let them find it for me. They will try to sale you something on their lot right away even if it's not what you wanted. Keep to your guns and say no until they find it for you. You'll have to pay for it and it might take a few months of badgering then but you'll get what you want.

^^^This.

I did the same thing when I bought my 2015. Went to 5 different dealers with the exact options I wanted and let them fight it out. 2 tried to screw me over, but I finally found one that could bring in the exact model I was looking for AND for a very reasonable price.

^^^This.

I did the same thing when I bought my 2015. Went to 5 different dealers with the exact options I wanted and let them fight it out. 2 tried to screw me over, but I finally found one that could bring in the exact model I was looking for AND for a very reasonable price.

You asked the dealers for a New truck or used truck?

Like Garrick and DesertTan16 have said googone, heat, and a plastic scraper will debadge anything.

I did fishing string first then this to get the 3m tape off. I got chips in the paint outlining the tacoma letters on the drivers side. Gonna get that redone later.

See I didn’t de badge. I just added the new 2012-2014 LED tail lights(smoke). Everyone thinks my truck is newer than it really is.

Back