Debating to trade in my SR TO 4x4 off road

spursnation2323

I am thinking to trade in my SR 2019 Tacoma 4door 2WD with 14000 miles on it however i only owe $28,000. however I want to get a Tacoma 2020 4x4 trd off road which ranges between 32-35k but however kelly blue book is offering me $24,000-26,000 for my truck but where it says estimated trade in value what do I put ?IMG_5020.jpg

I had my '17 OR at the dealership in February......kickin' around getting a '20 myself....I had at that time 40K miles and he asked me what I needed out of mine to get me into a '20 OR. I quick did a .10 cent depreciation per mile and told him I'd need $28K for mine. He said he could make that work. I about traded too but the wifee shut me down. I won't trade if they're at .20 cents/mile or higher. Yours being an SR.......I'd trade at .10/mile.......think about it at .20/mile.

Never tell them how much you want or need for your trade-in because that's all they'll give you regardless.
I had my '17 OR at the dealership in February......kickin' around getting a '20 myself....I had at that time 40K miles and he asked me what I needed out of mine to get me into a '20 OR. I quick did a .10 cent depreciation per mile and told him I'd need $28K for mine. He said he could make that work. I about traded too but the wifee shut me down. I won't trade if they're at .20 cents/mile or higher. Yours being an SR.......I'd trade at .10/mile.......think about it at .20/mile.

Never tell them how much you want or need for your trade-in because that's all they'll give you regardless.
I do the opposite and tell them I want .10/mile depreciation......I tell them I don't play games.....this is what I want (.10/mile is generous) and take it or leave it. I can live with .10/mile depreciation!

I do the opposite and tell them I want .10/mile depreciation......I tell them I don't play games.....this is what I want (.10/mile is generous) and take it or leave it. I can live with .10/mile depreciation!

High mileage, and you owe them $25,000. ;)

Back