Did I Make The Right Decision

brawler1588

Picked up my new 2018 Tacoma on Friday got the TRD Off Road in the dark gray. I went with this over other models because of the safety features and being a mid size the mpg was better. I test drove it and like it but after spending more time in it I just want to make sure it's big enough for my little family. I'm 6'2" bit my wife is short at 5'2" she said shes comfortable but take a look at the picture doesn't seem like much space. Next we have a rear facing car seat so the front seat needs to be pushed up with plans for another child in the future. Is this a decent size or should I have bit the bullet and went bigger. 20180824_181103.jpeg20180825_181532.jpeg20180826_101100.jpeg

Congrats on the '18 and Welcome to the forum! Perfect size.....hang in there it's a great truck you got!

Hello fellow father, I'm running 3 deep in mine and my family loves it. Yes a full size truck will net you slightly more width and def much more room between front and rear, but no where near the dynamics and fun you will have with this size/type of truck. I test drove multiple trucks and the big rigs just were not for me. I love this thing. 20180827_191246.jpeg20180827_191258.jpeg20180827_191258.jpeg

Picked up my new 2018 Tacoma on Friday got the TRD Off Road in the dark gray. I went with this over other models because of the safety features and being a mid size the mpg was better. I test drove it and like it but after spending more time in it I just want to make sure it's big enough for my little family. I'm 6'2" bit my wife is short at 5'2" she said shes comfortable but take a look at the picture doesn't seem like much space. Next we have a rear facing car seat so the front seat needs to be pushed up with plans for another child in the future. Is this a decent size or should I have bit the bullet and went bigger.
Congratulations on the rig man, what does your gut say?

Picked up my new 2018 Tacoma on Friday got the TRD Off Road in the dark gray. I went with this over other models because of the safety features and being a mid size the mpg was better. I test drove it and like it but after spending more time in it I just want to make sure it's big enough for my little family. I'm 6'2" bit my wife is short at 5'2" she said shes comfortable but take a look at the picture doesn't seem like much space. Next we have a rear facing car seat so the front seat needs to be pushed up with plans for another child in the future. Is this a decent size or should I have bit the bullet and went bigger. View attachment 20371View attachment 20372View attachment 20373
It’s going to be a tight fit but it will work. Get a skybox on the top and a tonneau cover for the back you’ll be fine... if not they hold their value well and you can sell it and get something bigger if needed.

Thanks for the info all anyone else running car seats in it. As for my gut who knows I'm so undecided and always second guess stuff.

Thanks for the info all anyone else running car seats in it. As for my gut who knows I'm so undecided and always second guess stuff.

Been there too. I think you just need a family outing. Go camping and put your truck to use. If you come back with out a smile on your face then you will know.

I have a rear facing car seat in the middle of backseat. My 9 year old daughter rides back there too... Yeah it's kinda small but not to bad.. I think the turd gen may even have a little more room in the back?? .. Not sure.. My wife's Camry is like a suburban compared to the truck.. Lol

I have a rear facing car seat in the middle of backseat. My 9 year old daughter rides back there too... Yeah it's kinda small but not to bad.. I think the turd gen may even have a little more room in the back?? .. Not sure.. My wife's Camry is like a suburban compared to the truck.. Lol
Pictures :D

Back