Did you get extended Warranty for your Tacoma?

Cactuskid

If you did do you feel you did not need it or Glad you did?
I am leaning on not paying the dealer for this I usually do not buy these, but I did get one for my 2014 Forester XT turbo..glad I did because had issues after 36000 miles a few times in fact would not buy another Subaru ever.
Anyway, input from owners of newer Tacomas would be helpful, overall I think ext warranty is a profit for seller deal

I am leaning on not paying the dealer for this I usually do not buy these, but I did get one for my 2014 Forester XT turbo..glad I did because had issues after 36000 miles a few times in fact would not buy another Subaru ever.
Anyway, input from owners of newer Tacomas would be helpful, overall I think ext warranty is a profit for seller deal

It’s a Tacoma. Waste of money!

I did get the extended warranty; I think it was $1000 for 100k. My truck now has about 90k (it’s a 2015) and thus far I haven’t needed the warranty. I did notice at about 12k my front tires were wearing funny and I was having an alignment issue but I didn’t get the truck into the dealership until about 18-19k and they said that the alignment wasn’t covered. I was pretty pissed but what could I do? I never took my truck there again for any type of service work.
As for regretting buying the warranty? Not necessarily. On the one hand you feel as though you have some type of peace of mind. What if you do have some kind of major issue and the dealer actually honors the warranty? That’d be great. On the other hand, what if you don’t get the warranty and you have some high dollar issue? Or if you get the warranty but the dealership still won’t honor it? You what they say - caveat emptor. I’d rather have my sister working in a whorehouse than a car dealership. Sorry if this doesn’t help but still keep us posted on your new rig and whether or not you get the extended bonus!

Back