Disappointing v6

Too funny, hey i just held 4th gear to about 5k rpm, not a slow truck at all, i keep saying it over and over, the MT is the way to go. I was doing 95mph with 2 more gears to go.
Tried the tip-tronic out today got 68 mph in 4th at 3,000 rpms / 5500 got 98 mph in 4 th. I'll race you Mike!
Should I bring my 2016 911 Turbo only$160,000 for a drag race or my aerial nomad 0-60@3.4 remove the spare tire and get 3.157????

The turbo Porsches are amazing,just too easy for me,i love the sounds of the NA engine and the engagement that the GT3RS commands!! Maybe when iam 60 i will consider a Turbo S.

I have a 2016 crew cab 2X4 average 27 mpg, happy with that, pulled my 19' double axle camper, average 14 mpg, I am glad for that, enjoy the upgrades in the cab, lots of information

The turbo Porsches are amazing,just too easy for me,i love the sounds of the NA engine and the engagement that the GT3RS commands!! Maybe when iam 60 i will consider a Turbo S.
Have you driven or been a passenger in the Tesla P 90 D? Crazy power with minimal sound strange.

I just bought a 2016 Tacoma crew cab 2WD auto long bed with the 3.5 and I am shocked at how underpowered it is compared to its. Predecessor the 4.0 V6. I had a 2015 GMC Canyon for about a year and the power (3.6 V6 with 305 HP) killed the Tacoma. Unfortunately the Canyon was in the shop way too often each time with a new problem. I guess overall I like the Tacoma better but the power, or lack there of) is so disappointing. Maybe in a couple of years Toyota will upgrade the 3.5 or have tweaks to help it out

I originally thought the same thing. In normal mode, feels weak and doggy. I do get nearly 22 mpg driving the same way i drove my 4ltr tacoma getting no better than 18 mpg. 10% better gas mileage is pretty impressive for the same basic truck. The 6 speed transmission lets me drive in the mountains and maintain fairly constant speed without a lot of noticeable transmission shifting. Engine runs nice and slow on flat hiways.
Press the ECT button and she gets quite peppy. Quick off the line and every bit the feel of the 4 liter motor.

I have the 4 cylinder and think its pretty peppy. The 6 cylinder felt pretty quick to me too, but I opted for better mpg since I drive pokey in the first place. Maybe look at another truck with a 8 cylinder?

That's exactly why I never sold my 2008. The 4.0 v6 I have on there is reliable and produces great power. The new 2016's are a joke. They're too much luxary and they don't have that off road feel compared to the old Tacomas. Unless you put a TRD supercharger on the new 2016's then I'd take it.

I recently bought a 2015 Crew Cab Tacoma 4WD, long bed after my 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser died with 279,000 miles. I too feel like the Tacoma at times feels quite under powered. Is there anything I can do? My concern is if I add a 2-3" lift and a front end bumper replacement (ARB) that it will add to the under powered feel? Any suggestions by anyone?

I recently bought a 2015 Crew Cab Tacoma 4WD, long bed after my 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser died with 279,000 miles. I too feel like the Tacoma at times feels quite under powered. Is there anything I can do? My concern is if I add a 2-3" lift and a front end bumper replacement (ARB) that it will add to the under powered feel? Any suggestions by anyone?
Magnusson blower, headers, ypipe, cheater pullies.

I think what he means by Magnuson blower is a supercharger, although I'm not sure they make a kit for the Tacoma. They make them for Tundras, Dodge Challengers and Chargers and for Chevys.

If you go to taller tires, which will change your final drive ratio and a loss of power, you might consider regearing. You're not going to gain power over stock, but it should get back closer to stock performance.

I think what he means by Magnuson blower is a supercharger, although I'm not sure they make a kit for the Tacoma. They make them for Tundras, Dodge Challengers and Chargers and for Chevys.

If you go to taller tires, which will change your final drive ratio and a loss of power, you might consider regearing. You're not going to gain power over stock, but it should get back closer to stock performance.
I cant post links yet..... go to trdshop daught com they have the maggy kits.

Back