Distracted??

The problem with using left foot on brake and right foot on throttle is the weight of the left foot will trigger the switch to turn on the brake lights. Possibly enough weight will produce brake shoe drag. Leading to pre-mature pad/shoe wear, over heating of brakes, rotor warp, drum out-of-round........

It is a poor practice.

I have seen these types of drivers accelerating on an on-ramp to the interstate with their brake lights on........definitely sending a confusing signal to those drivers around them. Are these folks accelerating or slowing........

Left foot doesn't touch the brake pedal, it hovers over it until needed.
Sorry.......don't believe this is 100% of the time. Even if so, then you are the only driver with that skill. Many others "hover" with their foot on the brake pedal.

I swear my wife drives at times with one foot on the gas, and the other on the brake, I drive with my left foot always on the resting pad on the floor near the door hinges. Only use my right foot for the brake when really needed....usually its on the gas pedal, or just above it.

The problem with using left foot on brake and right foot on throttle is the weight of the left foot will trigger the switch to turn on the brake lights. Possibly enough weight will produce brake shoe drag. Leading to pre-mature pad/shoe wear, over heating of brakes, rotor warp, drum out-of-round........

It is a poor practice.

I have seen these types of drivers accelerating on an on-ramp to the interstate with their brake lights on........definitely sending a confusing signal to those drivers around them. Are these folks accelerating or slowing........
Perhaps for you and some others it would be "poor practice". But for others, like myself, who have been doing it for over fifty years without a single brake problem, it's a perfectly "good practice".

Sadly, from what I've seen and heard, most of today's drivers are terrible drivers. They apparently think that courtesy and adherence to traffic laws are mere suggestions best ignored.

Many think they're competing at the indy 500. Its a wonder many cars last as long as they do without major repairs.

Perhaps for you and some others it would be "poor practice". But for others, like myself, who have been doing it for over fifty years without a single brake problem, it's a perfectly "good practice".

Sadly, from what I've seen and heard, most of today's drivers are terrible drivers. They apparently think that courtesy and adherence to traffic laws are mere suggestions best ignored.

the absolut worst drivers are the commercial drivers that need a special endorsed license to drive construction vehicles

Many think they're competing at the indy 500. Its a wonder many cars last as long as they do without major repairs.

even seems the commercial drivers of these days are competing at that indy 500, which i visited 1st time during the zombie attack :oops:

Back