Do I need to get new UCAs with a 3" lift

Guys I'm about to lift my truck with the bilstein 5100s, eibach coils and rear add a leafs. Do I have to replace upper control arms or am I good?

I have same lift but no ucas, does it work just fine.....yes but would it be better with ucas.....yes

I'd say it's definitely a personal choice, like a peace of mind type deal... If you have the funds, do it. If not, you can still get the lift and be okay. Just better for your truck in the long run... Happy trails

Yeah funds are a bit tight... Hate to have to pull truck apart again though. Are they difficult to install? Any recommendations which brand/type to get if I do decide to do it? Trying to do entire install in one day so I have no down time.

These adjustable SPC Light Racing UCAs are an outstanding choice when upgrading your lift. They are a beefy ball joint design that are on par with or better than a uniball design. They also cost around 50% of what most uniball UCAs are typically pricedImageUploadedByTaco Forum1464492614.406890.jpg

Last edited:
Id also suggest a progressive add a leaf like wheelers, or icons. The ride will be better than a single thick aal, no question.

Well the lift has been completed! Truck looks great! Only problem is I don't think the alignment was done right. Getting a vibration at low speeds and tire is rubbing rear of tire well at full turn.

I installed the SPC light racing UCAs and if I am not mistaken those will allow the wheels to be situated inside the well so it has even spacing. Am I correct in this belief or do I actually have to trim plastic?

I know it needs to go back to alignment shop but want to know if this is possible before I ask them about itImageUploadedByTaco Forum1469585609.807331.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1469585626.373459.jpg

I put on toyo open country MT 265/75/R18's (32.6")on truck. Rims have a -12 offset. Was told numerous times these would fit on a 3" full lift with no trimming necessary. Tire is not rubbing on plastic but is rubbing on chassis at full turn

I put on toyo open country MT 265/75/R18's (32.6")on truck. Rims have a -12 offset. Was told numerous times these would fit on a 3" full lift with no trimming necessary. Tire is not rubbing on plastic but is rubbing on chassis at full turn

Thinking

Last edited:
It's on the first clip setting,2 1/2" and then added top plate spacers to give a full 3" lift. Added driver side lean TP14 spacer. Trucks steering is way off from stock driving and rubbing hard at full turn. Removed all unnecessary plastic but noticed it is only rubbing back of wheel well

Back