Do you go to the Dealer for Maintenance?

Dealer wanted to charge me 80 bucks for an oil change and tire rotation...see ya!!! I'm doing it myself this weekend

Currently using the Toyota dealer to do my oil changes, but thats about it and only because its free, after the Toyota care goes bye bye I'll be doing them myself.

I have Toyota care and will probably continue to use them afterwards. The dealer I use is pretty reasonable and I haven't heard anything bad about them yet.

Pretty much do my own oil changes and tire rotations and minor fixes, big stuff I can claim under warranty I go to the dealer

I went the dealer to get my oil changed under Toyota care and they did not change it. I always check to make sure it has been changed. When I looked at the filter it had mud on it. Was told that he just forgot. Made them change it with me under the truck too. Will not be going back to that dealer I will probably do it myself. Just make sure you check others work.

Well with my new 2014 it came with ToyotaCare at no extra costs. the 1st 2 yrs or 25,000 miles all the maint comes free. My dealer included a "lifetime" power train warranty as long as my services were done by a "reputable" dealership or service facility. So I guess I'll pretty much be a dealership guy for quite some time.

For now I do because of the two years Free; but once that is done It will depend on the job needed. EX: for an oil change I will go for the coupon, but more serious like engine or trans work then the Dealer gets my dime

I go to the Dealer,the local shops do it wrong and most rip you off,times have changed,Dealership is affordable,does it right,trained for certain problems,guareentee work,parts ,labor 12/12000!!!If I can do myself,I do it,otherwise go to the dealership!!!Small shops,not all!!Just most are untrustworthy,do fast,hack jobs found out,had bad experiances with Midas,Mieneke,tuffy,Sears,and Indepent shops to do shoddy workmansip and act like bicycle mechanis,I am a ASE Certified Diesel Mechanic,Detroit Diesel,Caterpillar,Cummins ,and Mack Mostly for 33 years now!!Trucks and Heavy Equipment,,Bulldozers,Trash and dump trucks ! Rambo!!!

I used to take my mazda to the dealer for any maint i couldnt handle myself. They charge the same as most repair shops do nowadays, because people never got their cars fixed there b/c it was too expensive. Apparently they figured it out.

Just picked up my 2014 Tacoma and came with the 2 years Toyota Maintenance:thumbsup: but after that my uncle is a mechanic of 20 + years and he does great work in exchange for protein and pre workouts ;) (small business owner of a sport nutrition store)

I go to David Maus Toyota in Sanford Florida just ouside of Orlando Florida,Great service ALWAYS,bought it here,done right first time and reasonable Prices always!!!They can check all recalls,service bulletins and take care of it immediately!!!Loaner cars if needed overnight!Free!!!Can your Goober the Mechanic do that,I am a 35 year Diesel Certified Technician ,Heavy equipment and trucks,dozers and all heavy equipment,we and they cant do that!!! Go to your Toyota Dealership,things have change in the past 35 years greatly!! Trust me,or I would do all my own repairs!!and I can!!!Its a Toy!American and built in Texas,not Mexico and China!! Rambo,Eustis,FL.

Dealers are fine

:yes:
I go to David Maus Toyota in Sanford Florida just ouside of Orlando Florida,Great service ALWAYS,bought it here,done right first time and reasonable Prices always!!!They can check all recalls,service bulletins and take care of it immediately!!!Loaner cars if needed overnight!Free!!!Can your Goober the Mechanic do that,I am a 35 year Diesel Certified Technician ,Heavy equipment and trucks,dozers and all heavy equipment,we and they cant do that!!! Go to your Toyota Dealership,things have change in the past 35 years greatly!! Trust me,or I would do all my own repairs!!and I can!!!Its a Toy!American and built in Texas,not Mexico and China!! Rambo,Eustis,FL.

When the dealer is done it doesn't hurt to check under the hood
And make sure the caps are on and so forth. Always check them I have
Seen them not put things back on and cause damage

Back