Donaldson powercore air filter.

I'm looking to install a cai and saw that volant has the powercore filters from Donaldson. I know Donaldson makes a ton of different air filters for all kinds of things and have proven its extremely clean with high flow. What I'm asking is does anyone have one and what do they think. I have a 2010 taco and I don't want a oil based cai.

Wonder why that is? I know I'm not getting a oil based filter and the powercore are pleated micro fiber kind of thing. On volant's site you can look up powercore filters and clamp them on pretty much any cai that's out there and replacing the element weather it's oil or dry.

The section of tube where the MAF sits is smaller than stock which increases velocity across the MAF. The ECU in turn thinks more air is going through when it isn't.

I was always interested in the powercore filters. I never saw one that fit but I'll have to check it out again.

It looks as if the only one with a 3 inch flange is 1 inch taller than the one that comes with the intake. I would ask someone with this intake to measure the box for you so you don't end up with a Powercore bookend.

Last edited:
Lol. Right. I'm thinking Im going to just order the afe cai and measure myself to see if i can put a powercore in. The afe cai si has a 5.5 flange 7 base 5.5 top and 6 high. The powercore chart says it has one thats pretty much that size but its 7 high instead.

Back