Door popping

The 3 nuts are snug too, on the mechanism.

Running out of ideas & not wanting to take to the money chugging dealer.

Popping like it doesn't close completely? The only times I have issues is when I shut the door like a woman or I don't hold the handle open the whole time when opening the door.

Yeah, I've seen that one but everything looks in tact on my door when I took it apart. Was thinking/hoping it could be something different.

Hope it's nothing serious, mine doesn't make any noises that I can hear. Keepin my fingers crossed.

My passenger door got yanked open by some crazy b**** one time and it damaged the door check arm. It appeared fine upon inspection, but it bent it ever so slightly and when the door opened and closed it would hit the window channel guide rail in the door. Ended up bending the guide channel and window wouldn't roll down or up. Cost $120 in parts for a new guide channel and check arm.

If your window still rolls up/down fine without dragging or slowing down like resistance, then you'll probably just need a new check arm. Its SUPER easy to replace with 10mm socket and removing the door panel. Takes 10 minutes. OEM check arm is about $75-85

Yeah the window goes up/down alright...just squeaks some on the way down. I'll probably replace the check arm. It looked pretty smooth to r/r.

It's the check arm. I loosened it and was able to open/close the door, without it popping. I've got a hook up with a dealer in Seattle, who can get it for approx $68 + shipping.

Back