Dream car

E.G.R

Ok so I own a 1999 prerunner xtracab with the 3.4L but it’s not a 4x4, well I’ve always wanted an 1993 Toyota MR2, I just think they’re beautiful cars, but I don’t know if I should sell my truck for a car, if it’s worth it due to the year, so I wanted to ask you guys for your thoughts and opinions on this, if I should or not. I’m thinking of selling the truck for $5k since it’s in good condition and it’s very reliable, plus I got bored of automatic and I want to drive stick again. But thanks in advance

I'd ask for more than 5k if it's a clean 1st gen, regardless if it's not 4x4. 1st gen tacos are/were the best yotas ever made. Look at all the forum posts about all the problems these guys are having with their newer 3rd gens. Now to practicality... an MR2 is a fun lil toy car to play with, that being said I don't think it would be the best daily driver in the sense of things like grocery shopping or kids? Now if you're fortunate to not have those responsibilities then disregard my last sentence. But I'm sure you get the point I'm trying to make.

I'd ask for more than 5k if it's a clean 1st gen, regardless if it's not 4x4. 1st gen tacos are/were the best yotas ever made. Look at all the forum posts about all the problems these guys are having with their newer 3rd gens. Now to practicality... an MR2 is a fun lil toy car to play with, that being said I don't think it would be the best daily driver in the sense of things like grocery shopping or kids? Now if you're fortunate to not have those responsibilities then disregard my last sentence. But I'm sure you get the point I'm trying to make.

Well you’re right, an mr2 wouldn’t be a good family car, but I’m only 17 so I don’t really haul people around, or grocery shop as much, but I just love the look of them, buttttt I feel like insurance would be too much, because of my age and the fact that it’s a rwd sports car.

Keep the truck. If after the mr2 you dont use the pickup and don’t feel the need for it, sell it

I just don’t feel like I need two cars you know, so either I sell the truck and get the mr2 or just keep the truck. But ima ask for a quote to see how much insurance will be on the mr2 and depending on the price, I’ll ether get it or not.

I see pre 2001 prerunners for 5-8k deepening on miles and conditions. The face lifted ones sell for a little more. $8-15k depending on miles, condition and cab size. That’s from what I’ve seen.

Keep the truck. I've been through trucks and cars and I always have a need to haul or move something. Its royle pain in ass to have to ask a friend uther a truck or go rent one. I have my Taco and I'm keeping g it until I can afford a new OR TRD.

Back