Driver side rear door, loos window assembly

Bosco76

I found my rear door window assembly loose the other day while closing the door with the window down. It made a clunking sound instead of that normal door close sound.
Also asked them about the wislting noise coming from the drivers door at highway speeds. and of course they blamed the wind noise on the back door.
Window assembly was tightened up and they opened a case with Toyota due to several trucks having this issue in their shop.

Was it the passenger or drivers rear window? Did the tightening of the window assembly help with any wind noise?
I have wind noise that comes from all over. Sometimes it sounds like it's the back windows, sometimes the front sometimes from the rear window. Depends on the cross wind and speed I'm driving.

Drivers side, didn't help at all. which I didn't think it would but the service writer assured me. Whatever. Im going to try this in the next few days.
View attachment 11334
This is the top corner it pinches the corner of my seal tight and you can see the hose is a little crushed.
View attachment 11335
Running down the a pillar to the front
View attachment 11337
A pillar again so you can see the run between door and seal.
View attachment 11338View attachment 11339
How it looks relaxed and just sitting there. I am picky and I cannot see it. I have been in cross winds and what not no noise.

I seem to be getting a rattle when my sliding rear window is open. I have a 17 dcsb offroad. I'll be having them look at it when I can get in to the dealer.

Well, unfortunately when I bring it in to have the new seal put on they'll have to look at the back door window assembly again. With the window down and I close the door I get the clunky "somethins loose in there" sound again. Makes me wonder if they checked for other loose hardware when they found the 1st one.

Back