Driveshaft

Ok dude. Sorry got to get use to this forum

Yeah.... we joke around a lot. There’s a ton of good information here though.
If all that made you uncomfortable wait till you see posts from @kp.taco
He’s a Brony (adult with a My Little Pony obsession) with a snorkel fetish. We think the stuff he’s into is weird but we accept him anyway.

Just talk the way y'all usually talk it will be fine. I'm an easy going guy. Just had a bad day and frustrated with that driveshaft took me two days just to get the u joints out. Never been replaced til I got it

Just talk the way y'all usually talk it will be fine. I'm an easy going guy. Just had a bad day and frustrated with that driveshaft took me two days just to get the u joints out. Never been replaced til I got it

Glad you got it done. Welcome to the forum also.
The next time will be easier and you’ll be able to help someone else who’s in the same predicament on here.

I just skimmed through this thread but what I got from it was: @Bin72 had questions about his shaft and where to put it. @OR17TRD greased up the shaft and it’s ready to go. And @Crawdad is talking about his gluteus maximus.
This sounds like you guys may need to take this to a private message. This is a family site.
[emoji15]

Any time I altered the length of a driveshaft, I had it balanced. According to the business that did the balancing, a driveshaft is zero balanced, that is it's balanced to itself. I can't see manufacturers going to the trouble of balancing the drivshaft to the rear axle or driveshaft to the transfer case and front axle.

If you look at the face of the flange on the rear and the face of the flange on the drivshaft, it's often easy to see a rust ring pattern that you can match up. After that, a dot of paint and you're good to go.

Forgot to mark my driveshaft where the joints connect
Ohhh, I see. It's a good thing to do and always recommend but obviously not a requirement. Each section of the drive shaft is balanced individually... *supposedly... Not the whole drive shaft assembled. Therefore, it isn't supposed to matter which way it's reassembled, but sometimes it does. I've shortened many drive shafts to get a custom length and that's when it is critical to keep the ears on the same side and in line. Always checked balance, never been an issue. Only issue I've had was a brand new driveshaft for a '10 Tacoma that took 2 weeks to arrive then it almost rattled my teeth out when I hit 45mph..... SMH...

Back