drum brake to disc brake conversion

With no weight in the rear and the front brakes doing most of the work, how will rear disks improve braking? Disk brakes increase clamping force but it just means easier lockup on the rear so then the ABS works harder and you are back where you started. Drum brakes have a larger contact area than disks but disks can dissipate heat better. The better heat dissipation only really helps if you race or if you ride the brakes. Also the 2nd gen Frontier with rear disk doesn't stop as well as the 2nd gen Tacoma with rear drums.

I agree with whipper If you want to stop faster upgrade your front brakes. But really the Tacoma has the best braking distance in its class. I think the brakes are fine

I agree with whipper, there have been a few times that I had to stop on a dime and my Taco's brakes have not failed me.

I had to the other day, some dumb s@it cut me off and immediatly needed to go left. Brakes were fine, stopped on a dime.

I had to the other day, some dumb s@it cut me off and immediatly needed to go left. Brakes were fine, stopped on a dime.

Kinda the same reason I've had to.....they pull out in front of you and then stop and wait so they get get over to the next lane to drive a half mile and make a left at the light.

Just the other day a school bus was weaving in an out of traffic full of kids on my way to work. Yeah a school bus. You see it with small cars when someone is late for work but a school bus?

Back