Dual Battery

dual batteries are a good idea if you have a winch, and use it often. Need room to mount the second battery, and an isolator so that both are kept charged, but the one that drives the winch cannot draw down the one that starts the truck. I had this arrangement in a '97 Tahoe, at work. In a pinch, I could use jumper cables to use the winch battery to start the truck...sometimes the company radio would be left on, by another driver, which would drain the start battery, but the isolator would preserve the winch battery.

dual batteries are a good idea if you have a winch, and use it often. Need room to mount the second battery, and an isolator so that both are kept charged, but the one that drives the winch cannot draw down the one that starts the truck. I had this arrangement in a '97 Tahoe, at work. In a pinch, I could use jumper cables to use the winch battery to start the truck...sometimes the company radio would be left on, by another driver, which would drain the start battery, but the isolator would preserve the winch battery.
That’s a good reason. Work trucks require special circumstances.

Back