Dugs in surgery....keep me occupied

Bojangles

Dental surgery today.... things havent seemed to bode well since the initial day i brought him in to schedule his appt.
They originally had him set for 9/11 which i voiced concern.

His estimate today was $667, luckily not $666..... but still close.
Then i had to take his leash with me when i left him (well im still in the parking lot, but handed him over). Like i needed another reminder my buddy isnt with me. Now im here with his pillow he brought with him (he always takes something with him on car rides), and his leash.

#****today20180912_091154.jpg 20180912_093853.jpg

Dr called... all is good.
Tooth root had to be extracted, all other teeth cleaned while he was out, and a seasonal allergy shot.
Pickup in another 2.5hrs roughly.

I’m glad Dug made it through ok. That’s tough when they get put to sleep for a procedure.
I think the whole “put to sleep”/sedated verbiage adds to the stigma.

No matter how much you or anyone says it’s going to be ok. This has to be one of the worst feelings. When your pup or kiddo goes under. That anticipation of the unknown is a heart wrencher. It’s always a huge relief when they are on the other side and ok.
#tuffdug

I’m glad Dug made it through ok. That’s tough when they get put to sleep for a procedure.
I think the whole “put to sleep”/sedated verbiage adds to the stigma.
Yeah, the wording has a negative feel to it since euthanasia uses same term.
Aminolds are supposed to be more susceptible to complications i thought tho, so it didnt sit well with me.

Ive been out plenty of times and zero foxes given after the first 2 or 3.. but Duggy is my boy.

Back