Exaughst

There's tons of different options when it comes to mufflers, my personal favorite three are magnaflow, borla, and aero turbine

I cut the muffler off my truck, I didn't notice any power loss but I sure there was some, as to the sound it makes, it's all just preference. I personally like the way it sounds, buts its really loud.

I pulled the muffler off of my Ranger. I thought my truck sounded good and I thought it hauled ass. One day it just annoyed the crap out of my because it dumped right under the cab. I botled on the stock muffler and I got a bunch of low end power back. I miss my Ranger. :(

I'm running an 18" magnaflow center/center straight through, got it for like $70 on amazon.

sounds great and you dont need to worry about exhaust choke from baffles (flowmaster) or random chambers like other brands

Just got my AFE exhaust in the mail today. I'm sure you all can guess what I'm doing this weekend here in good old PA. I opened up the package and started drooling at 3" of SS bliss.

Just got my AFE exhaust in the mail today. I'm sure you all can guess what I'm doing this weekend here in good old PA. I opened up the package and started drooling at 3" of SS bliss.
Nice! I've heard a few vids on youtube, and I think it has a very respectable sound. Let us know how you like it.

Ok, I have my 3" SS AFE exhaust mounted and it looks cool anyways. It took a little bit longer than a hour thanks to nice rusty flange bolts. Kind of surprised me since it is only a 2010.
I started off by driving my truck up on ramps. You'll need that extra room to pull out the old exhaust. A little heat from a torch and some break free lube took care of those rusty flange bolts. Undid the rubber hangers and carefully slid it out from back to front in a twisting motion tilling the flanged end at an angle towards the ground. Then popped the new muffler on the rubber hangers then the over axle tail piece and then the flanged straight piece. Tightened the flanged bolts, the muffler clamps, made sure my tail piece was at the correct angle and then tightened the over axle piece and of course last but not least the tail piece.
The tools I used were a small handheld torch, can of break free, 3/8 socket wrench, 14mm socket for the flange bolts, 18mm deep socket for the exhaust clamps, 15mm deep socket for the tail piece, my hands of pure steel and my little grey cells.
Hopefully someone finds this informative. If you want more info about it let me know I'll be happy to share.

Back