Excited for this Forum let’s go!

I love the 300. IMO one of the best motors ever made.

Agreed. I really just have a thing for all the old straight sixes. They won't win any races but they're just simple and reliable. The only silly thing Ford ever did to the 300 was put a stupid nylon coated cam gear in it from the factory, Supposedly for noise but it just disintegrated with age and caused it to run like poo with retarded valve timing. Thank goodness for aftermarket parts. Lol

Agreed. I really just have a thing for all the old straight sixes. They won't win any races but they're just simple and reliable. The only silly thing Ford ever did to the 300 was put a stupid nylon coated cam gear in it from the factory, Supposedly for noise but it just disintegrated with age and caused it to run like poo with retarded valve timing. Thank goodness for aftermarket parts. Lol
Toyota had the patent on the tic already. :D

Agreed great motor. Like the 22re damn near indestructible. I owned both in my younger wilder day lol
I had a 94 22re with a 5 speed, they are damn near indestructible until the timing chain gets sloppy. That's kind of a pain. That could have a better design. The 300/ 240 and many other old straight sixes have no timing chains. [emoji33]

Back