Exhaust chop

tacomawv

I am think about cutting my exhaust pipe just past the axle in the next couple days. Good or bad idea. It is 2.7.

Not sure with the 2.7...typically louder in the cab due to the sound bouncing off the undercarriage. Not sure on performance wise, but probably better for wheeling, less chance of the tail catching on rocks and ripping off the exhaust tip.

Are you keeping the muffler on it or cutting that off also? Cause I can tell you right now don't cut the muffler off, it's to loud and just doesn't sound that great on my 4.0 so I can imagine it would be the same with the 2.7

Mine actually became more quiet after dumping it over the axle. You might want to check to see if it is legal in your state also. I like not looking at a tailpipe, great for wheeling and it looks clean.

Mine actually became more quiet after dumping it over the axle. You might want to check to see if it is legal in your state also. I like not looking at a tailpipe, great for wheeling and it looks clean.

Can you snap a picture? I'd like to see what this looks like.

It's hard to get good pics but here you go. It is cut higher up but I added a resonated tip to tone down my Super 10 so it hangs a little lower than I would like.

Back