Exhaust help?

Ok. I just bought2006 prerunner Trd off road. I am looking to put exhaust on it within a couple of weeks. I want to know... Which exhaust should I go with? So far I have found the flow master America thunder edition. Anything better out there? I want a deep sound with little to no rasp in the higher rpm's. Any comments are helpful. Thank you.

Flowmaster robs power and drones I have the TRD exhaust I'm happy with it. It's not crazy loud has a nice tone and doesn't have much in cab noise

I recommend Magnaflow myself and that is what I'm leaning towards but I don't want mine loud, just deeper and a meaner tone.

I personally would not go with a muffler any smaller than 18inches. I have heard 14 and 16's and they sound raspy. I had the magnaflow cat back on my last Tacoma with an 18 inch muffler and it sounded badass.:thumbsup:

I personally would not go with a muffler any smaller than 18inches. I have heard 14 and 16's and they sound raspy. I had the magnaflow cat back on my last Tacoma with an 18 inch muffler and it sounded badass.:thumbsup:

Was it loud? And was this a 4 or 6, and 1st or 2nd gen? Again I would like mine to sound a bit meaner with a deeper tone but not loud.

Plenty of good options. Check out videos to hear each of em'. My personal vote is the AeroTurbine 2525XL (xl being the slightly resonated version) Plenty loud for me (actually keeps the wife's nagging at bay) yet adds a nice sound to our V6'ers. The regular 2525 is a good bit louder from my understanding. Either way after almost a year with mine, I wouldn't change a thing.

don't go flow master! it robs power, chokes the engine.
I went with the mangaflow, and recommend it. deeper, throatier sound, and not too loud. feel some power change too

Was it loud? And was this a 4 or 6, and 1st or 2nd gen? Again I would like mine to sound a bit meaner with a deeper tone but not loud.

Sorry my last truck was an 06 X-Runner and it definitely had a nice tone to it and it was not quiet. :thumbsup: Did a quick search on youtube and found this, its sounds pretty close to my old setup.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oijkmgBaMcw"]Tacoma 4.0 with magnaflow exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Sorry my last truck was an 06 X-Runner and it definitely had a nice tone to it and it was not quiet. :thumbsup: Did a quick search on youtube and found this, its sounds pretty close to my old setup.

Tacoma 4.0 with magnaflow exhaust - YouTube

Thanks, I'm trying to decide what size muffler. I think I'm sold on Magnaflow, just not sure about the size. I've heard the 18" was quiet. I guess it all depends on who you ask. Everybody has different opinions on what loud is.

Thanks, I'm trying to decide what size muffler. I think I'm sold on Magnaflow, just not sure about the size. I've heard the 18" was quiet. I guess it all depends on who you ask. Everybody has different opinions on what loud is.

I will probably go in the same direction. But I am torn between borla, magnaflow, and mbrp. I have to keep researching.

This is true, the 18 was nice on the highway no drone at all. I do a lot of highway driving so that was important to me.

I'm running a Magnaflow catback on mine with the TRD CAI & it sounds badass but a lil cabin noise. Not too bad, just when throttling up from a stop.

I have heard them on YouTube. They sound pretty good but I'm not a fan of duals on trucks with the exception of the new Rams with bumper cutouts.

Back