Exhaust idea.

This is true. But some Japanese V6s sound good but not this one. I almost want to go back to stock sometimes.

I had just the S/S exhaust tip on my '09 stock. I thought that was about perfect. Could only really tell if you were outside the truck at the back.

I had just the S/S exhaust tip on my '09 stock. I thought that was about perfect. Could only really tell if you were outside the truck at the back.

I had the SS tip from the dealer. It looks great but I wanted a bit more sound. Banks wasn't my first choice but they wanted a 2010 for a test fit so I took it in. It was cool for a while but I ended up not liking it down the road so I swapped for TRD. It's more mellow but the sound is the same. I really wish I had a V8.

I had the SS tip from the dealer. It looks great but I wanted a bit more sound. Banks wasn't my first choice but they wanted a 2010 for a test fit so I took it in. It was cool for a while but I ended up not liking it down the road so I swapped for TRD. It's more mellow but the sound is the same. I really wish I had a V8.

I hear ya on the V8. I almost bought a Tundra. But being vertically challenged I stuck with the Taco. I've never been worried about MPG.

It's a Japanese V6, anything is going to sound like a ricer. :blink:

No, a ricer sound is like al these crappy civics and stupid drift cars... They sound like a ittle girl. The tacoma sounds alot more manly with the trd. (Not enough but at least people will hear when i put the hammer down)

I hear ya on the V8. I almost bought a Tundra. But being vertically challenged I stuck with the Taco. I've never been worried about MPG.

I almost bought a used Tundra but it would have cost me close to what I paid for my Taco but I didn't need a full size. MPG was a slight concern for me when I lived 31 miles away from work. When gas topped out here I was paying just over 550 in gas a month. I'm only 13 miles away now.

Last edited:
I almost bought a used Tundra but it would have cost me clost to what I paid for my Taco but I didn't need a full size. MPG was a slight concern for me when I lived 31 miles away from work. When gas topped out here I was paying just over 550 in gas a month. I'm only 13 miles away now.

I like the tacoma a little better because i can handle it better. I found full size and me werent the best when i drove my friends tundra... His brake kinda lagged a little, and its hard to park in small spaces

I almost bought a used Tundra but it would have cost me clost to what I paid for my Taco but I didn't need a full size. MPG was a slight concern for me when I lived 31 miles away from work. When gas topped out here I was paying just over 550 in gas a month. I'm only 13 miles away now.

I don't blame you on that one. I'm lucky. I live 10 miles from work. I paid more for my Taco then it would have cost to get into a Tundra. In the end I'm glade I stuck with the Taco. I do like the looks of the new Tundra though.

I don't blame you on that one. I'm lucky. I live 10 miles from work. I paid more for my Taco then it would have cost to get into a Tundra. In the end I'm glade I stuck with the Taco. I do like the looks of the new Tundra though.

The new tundras look like monsters stock! You have to beef up a tacoma, but a tundra just looks like a monster already.

My other concern was wheeling. The Taco will fit more places but now I like the high speed stuff so the truck size isn't as important.

Last edited:

Long travel.

You could try a drag track

Trucks are slow. I've already had my truck on the 1/8 just for fun but in the end a truck isn't going to go very fast without a ton of money. The TT Xrunner guys are only running 12s in the 1/4 after dumping about 12 grand. My friend's 06 GTO ran 11.5 with about 5000 in mods. The new car has an APS TT kit making 530hp to the ground. No replacement for displacement as well as trucks are just pigs. The only exception is the GMC Syclone.

My 2 drag runs in 2wd:

http://youtu.be/kDxpasWR0I4

http://youtu.be/HcXIILBthPw

I didn't get video on my 4wd runs but the 1/8th time was similar but I had a better 60' time.

Long travel.

Trucks are slow. I've already had my truck on the 1/8 just for fun but in the end a truck isn't going to go very fast without a ton of money. The TT Xrunner guys are only running 12s in the 1/4 after dumping about 12 grand. My friend's 06 GTO ran 11.5 with about 5000 in mods. The new car has an APS TT kit making 530hp to the ground. No replacement for displacement as well as trucks are just pigs. The only exception is the GMC Syclone.

My 2 drag runs in 2wd:

http://youtu.be/kDxpasWR0I4

http://youtu.be/HcXIILBthPw

I didn't get video on my 4wd runs but the 1/8th time was similar but I had a better 60' time.

True, but i find my truck doesnt top out as fast as others. Only tested that once, got to 120 and was like this is too dangerous lol...

Back