Exhaust

KennyF

Has anyone had the Toyota aftermarket exhaust put on, and how does it sound? I think it's a Borla!

I don't have any of mine yet. Hmmmm....I could do it today since I have nothing to do.

DSC01313_zpsa987f2c5.jpg

What a good exhaust with a mean sound for a great price? Ive heard flowmaster robs your power so im leaning away from that. Does anyone have a metal militia tip at all or a banks exhaust? Sorry for being so random

I had Banks but it ditched it because it was too loud and the 4.0 V6 doesn't sound very good. A bro MM tip isn't going to change the sound.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNd9Q3wzqCg"]Banks Exhaust Drive Around - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYR2VJGSH2o"]2010 Toyota Tacoma with Banks Monster Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Is the TRD tip round or oval? Tough to tell from that picture...thats the one im gonna end up getting this summer.

Sure is a tough decision. I've never heard of robbed power from Flowmaster before. I like the sound of theirs the best. I Had a friend with Magna-Flow on his Dodge and it sounded really nice. None of these, I would suspect will not affect the warranty... Right?

Ive only heard of robbed power on tacomas my budy had flowmasters on his chevy before some drunk driver decided to tbone it and they sounded great and I dont think they did much to his power considering his throttle body spacer and a chip/tuner and as far as the warranty goes I have no idea about that but my truck is an 07 so im pretty sure I dont have a warranty anymore

I did a little more research; according to the Magnuson Moss Act, exhaust systems are covered as long as you don't put headers on. Maybe Magnaflows will work for me. I just don't want to get a TRD muffler put on by the dealer and have no more sound that what's on there now.

Mods don't void warranty unless the mod causes an OEM part to fail and even then the dealer will just refuse to repair the one failure. Your whole warranty isn't voided just because you changed one thing and it caused something to fail.

Example: You throw on an intake and your trans fails shortly after. They can b*tch and moan but they have to prove the intake caused the trans to fail which is pretty much impossible. But if you installed nitrous and your trans blew then you are likely to drop the cash on a new trans.

Last edited:
Flowmasters rob power from any engine they are on due to the restrictive chamber design. Plus they sound like junk on anything they are on. I used to think they sounded great on muscle cars but then I grew up. The hollow, tin sound is just bad no matter what.

Whippersnapper, are you happy with your TRD exhaust? You have just the muffler or do you have the whole cat back system?

Back