Extra lift

SC Cam

Hey guys first post, I have a 2013 Tacoma 4x4 trd off-road, I'm running a 2.5 inch leveling kit and would like to go up another 2 inches all around. Any recommendations? I would like to be able to keep my leveling kit.

Ditch what you have because you'll need a drop bracket lift for anything over 3 inches total lift up front with a 4wd truck. Spend more on the kit with proper shocks in place of just spacers.

Hey guys first post, I have a 2013 Tacoma 4x4 trd off-road, I'm running a 2.5 inch leveling kit and would like to go up another 2 inches all around. Any recommendations? I would like to be able to keep my leveling kit.
Bilstien 5100's, and if you wanna raise the rear, either add a leaf or blocks, or get new leaf springs. Blocks are the cheapest option.

I think 4.5" would be drop bracket.
Also, stacking lifts isnt the best idea.

Dump the spacers and get ur db if thats what ur looking for.

Bilstien 5100's, and if you wanna raise the rear, either add a leaf or blocks, or get new leaf springs. Blocks are the cheapest option.
No, u dont throw 2.5" spacers on a 5100 set at 1.75-2.5" of lift.

Blocks also make axle wrap worse, and if used as a truck, most larger blocks kill the leafpack.

What do you mean drop bracket?

It drops the rear diff down along with including dropped spindles.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1420169669-883749-jpg.304984

Something wrong with that? Should I drop out and work at McDonalds?

Sure if that's what you really want to do. You can be a fry expert.

So do you know that OP has a 4wd truck therefore any front lift above 3 inches will cause the CVs to bind? Did you know that as you lift with spacers, coilovers or 5100s you eat up the suspension's downtravel and that you will get to the point where you max out the ball joints?

Last edited:

So do you know that OP has a 4wd truck therefore any front lift above 3 inches will cause the CVs to bind?
teeeheeee

diff drop............2nd gen diff drop..............praptice

u see wut Mjp2 did thar?
did u really see it?
look again

So do you know that OP has a 4wd truck therefore any front lift above 3 inches will cause the CVs to bind? Did you know that as you lift with spacers, coilovers or 5100s you eat up the suspension's downtravel and that you will get to the point where you max out the ball joints?
I'll stick to what I'm doing :)

Sounds good. Also stick to keeping quiet if you don't know what you're talking about. It's ok to just listen once and a while. That's how you learn.
I just gave my input that's all dude. Sorry if I'm not correct, don't expect accurate results on the Internet

Back