Factory Custom 2005

Pendrakon

Hi Guys-

This is my first post. Woot! My 2005 Taco just hit 350K miles! Still has the original unadjusted clutch. At one time you could custom factory order a Tacoma.

Here are the details on mine-

1. All original parts except for the wheels and recalled rear leaf springs. I added the grill and rear light guards, a tool box, and a bad ass audio system.

2. Regular cab.

3. Manual locks and windows.

4. 5 speed Manual transmission

5. 6 cylinder

6. Fog lights instead of running lights

7. 4x4 TRD and off-road package

The only problem I have had is the cigarette lighter keeps blowing fuses.

Later-

Attachments

• 20180524_190646.jpg
    20180524_190646.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 70
Hi Guys-

This is my first post. Woot! My 2005 Taco just hit 350K miles! Still has the original unadjusted clutch. At one time you could custom factory order a Tacoma.

1. All original parts except for the wheels and recalled rear leaf springs. I added the grill and rear light guards, a tool box, and a bad ass audio system.

2. Regular cab.

5. 6 cylinder

Later-

What do u mean trd "and" offroad package?

Last edited:
Hi Guys-

2. Regular cab.

5. 6 cylinder

Later-
Sounds like you’ve take good care of it. That’s amazing that some of those parts have lasted 350k miles. Post more pictures.
What sound system did you install?

Is there a place where I can look up- using the vin- how many of these were made?
Bummer, hoped u had it still... this is a unicorn, not like a brony taco either.

How about a pic that shows the interior with the stock seats in focus? No seat covers hopefully.

Or a pic of the inverter while looking back from inside the cab?

Last edited:
OK. Here are what I believe are all the pics requested. I did replace all the fill and check plugs- 350K miles of service mangled them a bit. Why a 5 speed? Duh!

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 47
  • inside 1.jpg
    inside 1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 42
  • inside2.jpg
    inside2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 47
  • outside.jpg
    outside.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Under.jpg
    Under.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 44
? Silver? Might be the bright sun here in Texas. I will be back on June 6 and will post a better pic- remind me. Also “no crossover pipe for the driver side exhaust” ? I have no idea what you are referring to. This truck was built in the spring of 2005 supposedly in California and not Mexico.

2nd gen V6 Tacomas have a crossover pipe that comes from the driver side, goes under the transfer case and mates with the passenger side exhaust.
Ajzg2VE.jpg

Back