Fan Blowing loud?

cam patrick

My 04 taco is running great but the fan is blowing extremely loud, especially when I accelerate, it is electric. Do I have any real problems or am I just a hypochondriac lmao!?ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1379350109.229750.jpg

If it is electric it is not stock. If it is working then I would forget about it. If it was the OEM fan then I would say that the fan clutch has locked up and it would need to be changed.

I second what whipper said.

A question though, how warm does your truck run? The needle on the gauge should be right in the middle (or slightly higher, mine sits a bit over halfway up the gauge when hot), if it's in the upper 1/3rd of the gauge then your truck is running warm.

Also, do you still have the stock (motor driven) fan installed?

it still can be an issue so needs updated, no? yes?

the fan clutch on my rig i changed myself once and am curious if it will need changed again OR if i can just disassemble it and put in new oil
this past summer it had the roaring again (when really hot out and only upon restart from fueling up the tank) but only in 1st gear whereas a few years ago it would roar 1st 2nd 3rd and sometimes into 4th

Ah......its a Gen 1. They're bullet proof. Just keep pushin' onto the 333,333 mile mark.

No need for maintenance or repair.

Ah......its a Gen 1. They're bullet proof. Just keep pushin' onto the 333,333 mile mark.

No need for maintenance or repair.
From what we've heard so far on this old 330k mile taco...he's already got enough into it that he could have bought a newer low mileage one.

if only one could find a regular single cab MT with the V6 horsepower and that rear slider window for the cool breeze
i do not see a single thing like that out there available!

if only one could find a regular single cab MT with the V6 horsepower and that rear slider window for the cool breeze
i do not see a single thing like that out there available!
You're likely not looking hard enough, or you're just not seeing what you want to see. Back some time ago, I took a peek at all the tacoma's listed online from carmax. Surely there has to be something to peak your interest.

1997 was the LAST year a v6 single cab was available

why they do not make such a truck now i really do not know

the Gen3 does not even come in a regular single cab!

1997 was the LAST year a v6 single cab was available

why they do not make such a truck now i really do not know

the Gen3 does not even come in a regular single cab!
Toyota would build them if enough oddballs would buy them. Unfortunately just like the size of a gen1 tundra, they won't when they could sell more larger tacoma's and larger tundra's. Toyota sells about a quarter million tacoma's every year. They can't be doing too shabby.

A subaru would fit your needs perfectly.
My first vehicle was almost a Subaru from the early 80s model
But they wanted 1800$ and I only had 1200$ saved from the burger joint
So had to settle for something else!

Yes, I wanted this as a teen
1694558918162.png

Back