Finally have a Tacoma

righty

I have been dreaming about buying a Tacoma for years. I have an old house that constantly needs work, I have a woodshop, and I could use a few more fake friends who only call when they need me to come by with a truck!

Today I picked up a white 2015 SR5 Access Cab 4cyl with 4WD, 28k miles. I bought it certified and thought I got a good deal - looks like new. I have read endless debates about 4 vs 6, and noticed pretty much everyone with a 4 and NOT with a big boat was happy. Yes, I won't be able to be aggressive on entrance ramps, but I rarely drive on the freeway and my fast driving days are behind me (owned a WRX when they came out and while it was fun, I tended to get a little too fast). I doubt I will put on more than 3-4k a year, so this thing should last me a long long time.

I looked at a lot of these things, searched for sale ads for years, and even drove a 2018 TRD Offroad last weekend. My wife, who is so much nicer than I am or derserve, said to go ahead and buy it, but for once in my life I chose a more frugal path.

Pic attached (I hope). Note that crooked fence in the background? That is something I can now take care of with the truck - bring home some new posts and maybe rent a post digger.

Maybe I can check this out somewhere else, but any advice on good straps to buy? I will be moving mainly wood, but also furniture and other stuff. Need to learn the best way to strap things down...

Last edited:
I have been dreaming about buying a Tacoma for years. I have an old house that constantly needs work, I have a woodshop, and I could use a few more fake friends who only call when they need me to come by with a truck!

Today I picked up a white 2015 SR5 Access Cab 4cyl with 4WD, 28k miles. I bought it certified and thought I got a good deal - looks like new. I have read endless debates about 4 vs 6, and noticed pretty much everyone with a 4 and NOT with a big boat was happy. Yes, I won't be able to be aggressive on entrance ramps, but I rarely drive on the freeway and my fast driving days are behind me (owned a WRX when they came out and while it was fun, I tended to get a little too fast). I doubt I will put on more than 3-4k a year, so this thing should last me a long long time.

I looked at a lot of these things, searched for sale ads for years, and even drove a 2018 TRD Offroad last weekend. My wife, who is so much nicer than I am or derserve, said to go ahead and buy it, but for once in my life I chose a more frugal path.

Pic attached (I hope). Note that crooked fence in the background? That is something I can now take care of with the truck - bring home some new posts and maybe rent a post digger.

Maybe I can check this out somewhere else, but any advice on good straps to buy? I will be moving mainly wood, but also furniture and other stuff. Need to learn the best way to strap things down...
Congrats on the new to you Tacoma. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome

Welcome

Welcome! Glad to see someone buying a 2nd gen taco! Got any pics?

Just the one I posted. I'll take more later. I think the new ones are fantastic, but I decided to go used when I found one with low miles and a price I liked. I know the internet is a dangerous thing, but various complaints about the new transmission, software or whatever, did nudge me toward a 2013-2015 in my searches.

Welcome to the Forum!

Back