Finally Ordered

Bodacious

Been on the fence about my purchasing my first Tacoma. Haven't been able to drive the same truck that I want because all the dealerships within 150 miles of me have none. Anyway after swaying back and forth I found myself at the closest dealership today and ordered a 2014 4x4 AC TRD Sport, Black. Had many full size trucks in the past Chevy, GMC, and Ford. This is getting out of the box for me indeed. Finally came to terms with the fact I really don't haul anything heavy, don't tow large trailers anymore, and usually don't go off the pavement on purpose. Can't imagine the ridicule that I'm going to get from the guys. As long as I can throw my Summit in the box in the winter, that's all that really matters. Now just a few weeks of waiting. :(

Last edited:
Congrats dude. Oh and just brush off the flack. Tacomas are great trucks and your buddies will come to respect it. If they say anything about where it's made just point to the part of door jamb sticker that says made it Texas.

Nice! Look forward to seeing pics when you get it. And as Whipper said, ignore the jabs. Taco's are great trucks. Dependable! Built in USA by American workers. The only reason they are jabbing you is they are jealous that they couldn't afford one.

If they give you to much flack just say Toyota was one of the only Car & Truck manufacturer's that wasn't bailed out by the US government!

Last edited:
Nice! Look forward to seeing pics when you get it. And as Whipper said, ignore the jabs. Taco's are great trucks. Dependable! Built in USA by American workers. The only reason they are jabbing you is they are jealous that they couldn't afford one.

If they give you to much flack just say Toyota was one of the only Car & Truck manufacturer's that wasn't bailed out by the US government!

well said byrd! :):thumbsup:

Hey Bodacious, when your buddies give you a hard time, just tell them to follow you into the mud

LOL........they would follow me anywhere because they know that no way in hell I would intentionally drive into mud! (wish I could change that about myself)

My son's 2013 Tacoma Sport Long bed.:thumbup:. All Options including JBL, NAV and the most important quote..
.. "Dad, :huh: I have to wash this black truck twice a week!". Sure looks great when it's clean! :thumbsup:

1ibeo2.jpg

313gh8o.jpg

2uy5emt.jpg

2isb7tk.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, i luv my Tacoma but i would definately swap it for a tundra. I luv cabin space comfort. The only problem is i don't haul heavy trailers or materials. Come on Tundra! Time to revamp that 5.7 hauler to something less thirsty! I luv toyota

Got it home after dark tonight.That pretty black looks like it's going to be challenging. Dealer wants me to buy into the Simoniz GlassCoat paint protection. Any feedback on this crap would be appreciated.
www.simoniz.com

My opinion on any paint protection a dealer sells you is, don't bother! Unless they offer some sort of guaranty it won't fade, spot, or get dull during the next 5 years. No doubt they :shutup: want a small fortune for it..:blink: Anything over $100 I would say forget it..

Toyo Guard Factory Paint Sealent by Toyota,2-3 coats,then a month later a good coat of any major wax,Mothers,Meguiers,Turtle Wax,Any One!Good for every 4-6 months ,just wash every other week!

Thanks, decided to just do the detail work myself. Spent several years in a body shop. As always the hardest way to do something, usually is the best way. Get out the orbital and Meguiras.

Congrats, i luv my Tacoma but i would definitely swap it for a tundra. I luv cabin space comfort. The only problem is i don't haul heavy trailers or materials. Come on Tundra! Time to revamp that 5.7 hauler to something less thirsty! I luv Toyota

I just Traded my 2012 Tundra CrewMax Platinum for a 2014 Tacoma Access Cab TRD Off-Road and as crazy as it sounds. I absolutely love the Tacoma way better then the Tundra! Granted I am the guy who doesn't haul/tow/charter... But parking, MPG, looks, sport, and fun factor are off the charts!

Use Toyota ToyoGuard Paint Sealer and Cleaner,then Wax with Mothers Gold Carnuba Wax or any great Brand,Meguires,Turtle Wax,any Major name Brand every month,and the Toyo Guard 2-3 times a year then wax a week later so toyoguard paint sealent can embed into paint for protection!Mine looks like day I bought out of showroom floor still,Ive done this for years with all my trucks and cars!!!Shines for ever!! Rambo!

Back