First Generation Tacoma Pics

Discussion in '1995 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma' started by Nathan, Feb 17, 2013.

1. BIRDSLAYER

BIRDSLAYER Well-Known Member

328k and still goin! Damn I love yotas!!

Bogunn likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. tecatie

tecatie Member

So does anyone know what the difference is between the 01/02/03 & 04 prerunner double cab 3.4 20170304_153020.jpg 20170304_153118.jpg

JonRod likes this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

1 year.

Bogunn and BIRDSLAYER like this.
  5. tecatie

tecatie Member

Okay smart ass..lol just have heard a couple of design changes from 01 to 02 one being the power steering rack because of a stiffness in turning issues and the other was breaking at freeway speed would shake.

6. OR17TRD

The only thing I know of is a face lift around 2000-2001.

tecatie likes this.
  7. BIRDSLAYER

Steering racks are the same 96-04 2wd/4wd all the same. I just rebuilt my front end last month.

tecatie likes this.
  8. BIRDSLAYER

Supposedly 1st gen tacos are known for warping front rotors, so I've been told... Never personally had any braking/Steering issues with mine and I beat it like it owes me money! Cosmetically they changed a lil bit here n there thru the yrs, but physically the hard parts are all 1st gen. Some shit is 4x4 specific obviously, but for the most part they're all the same.

tecatie likes this.
  9. tecatie

tecatie Member

Thanks for the information and taking the time to help guys. I have no issues with mine just following up on stuff I've heard only had mine 6mo so just paying attention..And super thanks to BIRDSLAYER my post wasn't very clear but your response was very clear and really answered ALL my questions about 01 to o4 changes..... Thanks....

OR17TRD likes this.
  10. OR17TRD

I thought my 1year and a face lift was super helpful. :oops:

Bogunn, tecatie and BIRDSLAYER like this.
  11. BIRDSLAYER

No problem. They're great trucks, the best in my personal opinion. Like anything though they're not perfect unless you make them as perfect as a human can! Some people will talk shit about em, but as I've noticed those same people neglect to do simple preventative maintenance... take everything with a grain of salt. If you take care of it, it'll take care of you!

JonRod, tecatie and OR17TRD like this.
  12. Timbo54

Timbo54 New Member

IMG_1797.jpg

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  13. ethan62

ethan62 New Member