First road trip in the taco

Is that legit? Lol read about it but if they can do that in s mode can’t they invent a chip to do that on the regular?

It’s totally legit. Look at the reviews and write ups from the tons of third gen owners that have bought them.

Differently don’t be afraid to give it hell when it’s acting dump like that. Teach it how it needs to act.

Is there any solution to that or is it just what it is?

Like @OR17TRD said, don’t be afraid to lay into it a little bit. The shift points are low for fuel economy (or because Toyota thought it would be funny to see it make us all crazy).
But it’s like any modern vehicle with the ECU learning. It’ll learn to run the way you drive. The more I put my foot in the pedal and ran it the better it did. And now I truly don’t even notice it as an issue very often. I’m not talking about dogging it or running 90mph everywhere. But don’t be afraid to run it.

Like @OR17TRD said, don’t be afraid to lay into it a little bit. The shift points are low for fuel economy (or because Toyota thought it would be funny to see it make us all crazy).
But it’s like any modern vehicle with the ECU learning. It’ll learn to run the way you drive. The more I put my foot in the pedal and ran it the better it did. And now I truly don’t even notice it as an issue very often. I’m not talking about dogging it or running 90mph everywhere. But don’t be afraid to run it.
Right on, about how long does it take for the ecu to settle in?

Back