First Tacoma!

I just bought my first Tacoma. A pyrite mica 2015 TRD off-road 4-door with leather and the predator step rails. That's the only "extras" I have on it for now. But seeing the community behind this legend of a truck, I understand how addicting buying lights, winches, and bumpers slowly become a necessity to make it even more awesome. I'm open to suggestions and curious to see what you guys would choose first. Please feel free to post pics for advice. Also,does anyone have a rooftop tent? That is definitely in my top 3 for a first purchase.
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1413024182.213404.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1413024230.133711.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1413024264.819891.jpg

Nice looking truck. And welcome. Once the bug bits you it all over. The possibilities and endless. Depends what your looking for. It's not hard to drop $$ in them to make it your own. I started with stock and bought wheels and tires. Then changed all my chrome emblems to red. Put on side steps and changed the rear bumper. Tinted the front 2 windows. Put weathertech rain guards on and a bug guard. Oh and weathertech floor mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

Nice looking truck. And welcome. Once the bug bits you it all over. The possibilities and endless. Depends what your looking for. It's not hard to drop $$ in them to make it your own. I started with stock and bought wheels and tires. Then changed all my chrome emblems to red. Put on side steps and changed the rear bumper. Tinted the front 2 windows. Put weathertech rain guards on and a bug guard. Oh and weathertech floor mats.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1413032997.072492.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1413033007.638488.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1413033021.422178.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1413033036.371555.jpg

I just bought my first Tacoma. A pyrite mica 2015 TRD off-road 4-door with leather and the predator step rails. That's the only "extras" I have on it for now. But seeing the community behind this legend of a truck, I understand how addicting buying lights, winches, and bumpers slowly become a necessity to make it even more awesome. I'm open to suggestions and curious to see what you guys would choose first. Please feel free to post pics for advice. Also,does anyone have a rooftop tent? That is definitely in my top 3 for a first purchase.
View attachment 3655View attachment 3656View attachment 3657
They come with leather now?

Yes I was surprised to see the leather as well, I live in Fort Worth Texas and the dealer could only find 3 pyrite mica TRD off-road Tacoma's within Texas and a few surrounding states. One of my favorite things about the new Tacoma has to be the steering wheel though, that sucker has some size to it. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1413075545.741752.jpg

Yes I was surprised to see the leather as well, I live in Fort Worth Texas and the dealer could only find 3 pyrite mica TRD off-road Tacoma's within Texas and a few surrounding states. One of my favorite things about the new Tacoma has to be the steering wheel though, that sucker has some size to it. View attachment 3664

Controls are set up different as well. I knew they changed some things but haven't gone to the dealership to look. Thanks for the pic.

I love the red emblems, what rear bumper is that?

Side steps and rear bumper are Body Armor. Easy install. I recommend a second set of hands. More for the rear bumper. The only thing was getting a rear lighted plate frame was a PIA. Couldn't find black so Amazon I went. Scuffed it up with sandpaper and used epoxy paint. Drilled a hole and tapped into the wire harness from stock bumper plate lights.

You guys trucks are really nice...
I have 2010 acces cab and I upgrade first on the suspension, of course I had to wait and save for a year before I could buy any of the components, first I install a 6" BDS lift kit, then wheels and tires, some 35" NITTO trail grappler on 18" Methods, after that I installed the Nfab steps ( much needed) and last I went for the 2.5 FOX coil overs, needles to say it handles very smooth on and off road.ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1413342293.392005.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1413342389.969625.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1413342467.857853.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1413342772.248188.jpg

I have 2010 acces cab and I upgrade first on the suspension, of course I had to wait and save for a year before I could buy any of the components, first I install a 6" BDS lift kit, then wheels and tires, some 35" NITTO trail grappler on 18" Methods, after that I installed the Nfab steps ( much needed) and last I went for the 2.5 FOX coil overs, needles to say it handles very smooth on and off road.View attachment 3679View attachment 3680View attachment 3681View attachment 3682

Looks good. Nice truck

You can check into ARB. They have great products that work really well with Toyota's. 3" lifts that you don't have to do anything to but bolt on. The rooftop tents are pretty awesome. We sell a lot of ARB lifts on tundra's and tacoma's they tighten up the steering for off-roading, improves handling and it's the perfect lift for those trucks without doing any mods. Old man emu nitrocharger sport front and rear shocks. We have been installing those lifts for years and never had any problems or comebacks. arbusa.com.

If your thinking of a bumper and winch then you should get the heaving duty from shocks and do the lift and bumper at the same time. In no added weight to the front then stay with the stock to light load (0-120) is stick to light.

I have 2010 acces cab and I upgrade first on the suspension, of course I had to wait and save for a year before I could buy any of the components, first I install a 6" BDS lift kit, then wheels and tires, some 35" NITTO trail grappler on 18" Methods, after that I installed the Nfab steps ( much needed) and last I went for the 2.5 FOX coil overs, needles to say it handles very smooth on and off road.View attachment 3679View attachment 3680View attachment 3681View attachment 3682

What is your MPG like after these upgrades? You have a very similar setup to what I would like have done in the next year or two. I've got the money to buy everything now but the truck only has 2,000 miles on it and I'm nervous about voiding the warranty so quickly. I drive a lot for work so getting the best MPG is always a fight. The dealer said I could do a 2" leveling kit and it wouldn't void the warranty. Then maybe down the road I'll throw the 3" or 6" on there.

What is your MPG like after these upgrades? You have a very similar setup to what I would like have done in the next year or two. I've got the money to buy everything now but the truck only has 2,000 miles on it and I'm nervous about voiding the warranty so quickly. I drive a lot for work so getting the best MPG is always a fight. The dealer said I could do a 2" leveling kit and it wouldn't void the warranty. Then maybe down the road I'll throw the 3" or 6" on there.

Back