FJ Cruiser to be Discontinued

Nathan

Admin
Staff member
2013-toyota-fj-cruiser.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/20/toyota-discontinuing-fj-cruiser-after-2014-model-year/

This doesn't surprise me but it is a bummer. I would have loved to see a new FJ model from Toyota.

Yeah, I'm bummed. I really wanted my wife to get one last December when she insisted on a new Lincoln MKX AWD.. Back then, I assumed they were going to toss the FJ when they had the last remaining ones deeply discounted at the local "non dealing" Stealership here in So Oregon....:thumbdown:

The current model looks awesome, but has some blind spot issues. Still, something about it going away makes me want to get one even more.

I hauled a bunch of junk to the landfill here the other day. 2 loads full. Truck bed's been great coming from a sport compact.

Just tempted because it's a "last chance" really. Still waiting to see what the 2015 Tacoma looks like.

I wonder why they would discontinue the fj. They seem pretty common. I see them all over the place. Oh well, just leave the Tacoma alone

According to that first article they are stopping making them because the only "body on frame" SUV they want to make is the Land cruiser If I understood it correctly

Last edited:
Back