Flexi-Dip/ Plasti-Dip???

Atomic Diesel

Which one? I swear I have searched this forum for days, thinking that someone has made a comparison, but I have yet to find it. So, somebody tell me if there is any difference, cuz I just bought some Rustoleum Flexi-Dip and plan to do my grillage this weekend, maybe the wheels too.

Plasti-dip will dry out in 1 summer and you'll have a hard time chipping it off if you ever want to remove it. Can't say if flexi-dip is similar

Plasti-dip will dry out in 1 summer and you'll have a hard time chipping it off if you ever want to remove it. Can't say if flexi-dip is similar
Wait whoa...what's all the chatter I hear about it peeling right off, nice and clean like???

Plasti -Dip worked in the Northeast with salt on the roads in the winter it stayed on my factory rear bumper just fine. It peeled off fine and the chrome was in great shape for the guy I sold the bumper to. I did apply 4 coats.

Wait whoa...what's all the chatter I hear about it peeling right off, nice and clean like???
I've sprayed Plasti-dip on many projects (wheels, bumpers, roofs). Doesn't matter if I used the rattle can or my spray gun, it's always been a hassle to take off. There's a thousand videos of people reviewing Plasti-dip and peeling it off only after a week. Longevity wise, it's not a good product in my opinion.
P.S. I live in western canada where it doesn't get extremely hot either.

IMG_1534448278.665924.jpg
Two 10mm bolts and two plastic pop up retainers and my 16 Tacoma factory grill come right out. Brought it to my local Line-X bedliner shop and $75.00 they sprayed it black . Other colors available.

Which one? I swear I have searched this forum for days, thinking that someone has made a comparison, but I have yet to find it. So, somebody tell me if there is any difference, cuz I just bought some Rustoleum Flexi-Dip and plan to do my grillage this weekend, maybe the wheels too.
I used the Rustoleum Flexi-Dip for the first time about 5 months ago on my outback. It’s held up good so far. Can’t say about the peeling it off because I haven’t tried.

I had flexidip on my wheels for about a year. Never chipped but i put clear protective spray over them so that might have helped. I recently took everything off using wd40 and a pressure washer.

I have used plastidip on two vehicles rims and emblems, lasted 4 years on the last ride through dealership wheel rotations, power washing and scrubs, snow/slush, and heat no problems until a rookie was rotating my tires and scratched one.
I have experienced peeling when the rim I was installing it on had alittle water on the edge. Wiped it off and reapplied, no issues. I just installed on my 2010 Taco, and went on great, good run damage coverup too.

All in the prep work, no matter the product you use though.

I had flexidip on my wheels for about a year. Never chipped but i put clear protective spray over them so that might have helped. I recently took everything off using wd40 and a pressure washer.
Whats best way to black out badges?

Back