Fog lights

Tacoma fan

hey there I was wondering how difficult it would be to install fog lights on my truck...or is it best left for a garage to do:)

I was thinking the same thing...

Hate those black plastic cup holders Toyota stuck into the bumper of my 2009 Tacoma.... I'd get like to get some factory fog lamps in a salvage yard and pop them in:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pretty easy to find a kit with everything you need. Just Google 2009 Toyota Tacoma fog light kit and you'll see lots of choices. The Toyota of McDonough site even has the installation instructions. That's my next mod.

Pretty easy to find a kit with everything you need. Just Google 2009 Toyota Tacoma fog light kit and you'll see lots of choices. The Toyota of McDonough site even has the installation instructions. That's my next mod.

can you take pics when u do :thumbsup:

Sure, but it's not happening anytime soon. New roof, new deck, redo the back room. Summer at the earliest.

Thanks BillK...

I'll check it out. Sounds like an interesting project. Hopefully, I'll be able to score quality parts at a salvage yard to keep $$$ down.

BigMau

Well...

First, BillK do you have a link to those instructions for the fog light install??
Tried Toyota of McDonough's web-site with no luck.:sad:

I'd kinda like to find a kit that requires little if any cutting into the factory wiring. Any links or ideas??:help::help:

BigMau

Nice instructions:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks like the current Tacoma is the same as my 2009??? Other than a few cosmetic differences??

Many Thanks

BigMau

You've got me there. Not sure if the fog light mounts is the same or not. If I were you, I'd google 2009 Toyota Tacoma Fog light kit and see what came up.

Rigid industries makes a kit for fog lights. Better then factory. They are LED and look darn good.

Demo Man....

Do you have a link??

Second, Does this kit come with a harness (Wiring)??

BigMau

Hummm...

Wondering if I could swap out fog lights,wiring,hardware and switch from a salvaged Tacoma to my 2009 Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab 2.7 l The fog lights are not standard.... How much trouble would it be to add factory lights????

www.rigidindustries.com the brackets are about $60 for both. The lights are the $$$$. Those will run you about $130 apiece. You can find all this on amazon to. That's my next project. To replace my factory fog lights with rigid LED's. They make a nasty looking grill with a 20" LED light bar. That setup is around 1k. Check them out. Great company.

You could get all that stuff from the junk yard. Remember 2012 is when the style of fog lights changed.

Big Mau.......

My bad. I forgot to answer your second question. Yes they do cone with a wire harness and a switch as well.

Thanks Demo Man and BillK...

Not sure what I'm going to do...

I need some extra light when I tow my bass boat during the "dead of night" up into Ontario and for tooling around the Pocono here in PA. I really miss those standard fog lights on my 2002 Tundra:icon_sad:

BigMau

Back