Fog lights

I too wanted to install fog lights on my 2008 rig..but I didn't see no wire harness and don't like the idea of cutting into the wires in my truck :unsure:

I too wanted to install fog lights on my 2008 rig..but I didn't see no wire harness and don't like the idea of cutting into the wires in my truck :unsure:

I agree:thumbsup:

Could I add a HID headlight kit to my standard headlights?? Just enough for some extra light (not the cool blue ones:thumbdown:). I don't wanna get my balls broken by the local PD:thumbdown: Just some more light.. that it.

HIDs in reflective housings don't give off extra light. They look brighter because the light is scattered everywhere instead of being focused where you need it.

Humm.... Still looking. However, both pos and neg reviews concerning HID lights. Fogs might be the way to go. I found a youtube video made by a guy named "Mr. Midshipman"... looks interesting.... Just would like to use factory parts.

well like I mentioned b4 even though my truck never came with fog lights.i wish that Toyota had installed a wiring harness if I chose to have them

well like I mentioned b4 even though my truck never came with fog lights.i wish that Toyota had installed a wiring harness if I chose to have them

Can you get the parts (fog lights, harness, connectors, and switch) from a 2005-11 tacoma in a salvage yard???? Sounds like a do-able project:yes:

quite possible...u never know :shifty:....either way I could live without them if needs be :thumbsup: ... one thing I know for sure is that there's more salvage yards in PA than there is here in NC

Just installed a set of Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Halogen Headlight bulbs in my 2009 Tacoma. They seem to give me a little extra light and ran about 50 bucks:thumbsup::thumbsup: I know they are not fogs... however, they might just give me that extra light I need for driving in the pitch black of Ontario, New York and Pennsylvania.

Worked pretty well last night and I did get some extra light:thumbup:

Just installed a set of Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Halogen Headlight bulbs in my 2009 Tacoma. They seem to give me a little extra light and ran about 50 bucks:thumbsup::thumbsup: I know they are not fogs... however, they might just give me that extra light I need for driving in the pitch black of Ontario, New York and Pennsylvania.

Worked pretty well last night and I did get some extra light:thumbup:

good to hear BigMau

Fogs would be nice too:yes: I miss the ones that came standard on my 2002 Tundra SR5. They really lit up the sides of the road and provided a nice wide beam of light. The new headlight bulbs are great... but not quite like my Tundra.

I guess if your set on fogs... you will not be happy:no::no:

might just add fogs at a later date if... That is if I can score a kit that does not require lots of mods to my truck and looks factory.

Back