Fog lights

I added fog lights to my 2015 Tacoma. Lessons learned:
1. Most trucks are pre-wired
2. Amazon/ e-bay offers very reasonable fog light kits. The hardware is pretty standard. The biggest issue is that the switch is not necessarily compatible with all trucks (4-pin vs. 5-pin) . You may have to special order dash switch.
3. The relay for the fog lights is inserted in the smaller fuse box to the left side of the motor (right behind the larger box). Both boxes have spaces for fog lights...but it is the smaller box that works .
4. My lights needed to have an extra sealing (electrical tape) placed around the back of the lens due to moisture entering behind the lens.
5. The actual time needed to do the install, if you truck is pre-wired, about 20-30 at the most.
Good luck!

Thanks Ed.
I saw those kits on ebay and amazon. They look like they might be low quality parts/kits??? How have your fog lights holding up???.. and do you have a link to the kit you ordered??

I was thinking silicone would work. Just seems like some people have had issues with the quality of aftermarket fog light kits for the Tacoma?

I was thinking silicone would work. Just seems like some people have had issues with the quality of aftermarket fog light kits for the Tacoma?

Actually almost all i hear is bad news about aftermarket heads and fogs unless people spent the money to get cappa parts.
The issues are optics, and sealing.

Then again, u dont hear as much praise about anything compared to complaints

Hey guys, new to this, so i hope this finds its way. I also am interested in adding fogs, and am thinking rigid is how i'll go. Can i just buy the rigid lights, and supply a switch for the dash, or is there more to it? Thanks

Thanks Ed.
I saw those kits on ebay and amazon. They look like they might be low quality parts/kits??? How have your fog lights holding up???.. and do you have a link to the kit you ordered??
I will look for link....actually the lights, wiring, etc. were of pretty good quality

Back