Folding key

psreich

I love all the high tech goodies in my Taco EXCEPT the plain old key! Since I have the manual tranny, you can't get the fob and push button start which I wanted. Toyota says it is because of the useless clutch cancel switch (manual Corollas have push button start). I rented the cheapest Chevy this weekend and it at least has folding key like other vehicles have had for years. No key to poke hole in pocket. Anyone know if there is a folding key that can be cut and programmed to work in a 2016 Taco?

Yea just look on ebay, as far as the push button start not being in it i believe its to prevent kids from jumping in a truck thats in gear and happens to have clutch cancel engaged and press the start button and away they go!!!! Also its not useless it has many uses for instance your on a steep hill going up with a car right up to your bumper and you stall out rather than keeping one foot on brake and the other on clutch and struggling to switch to gas pedal when you take off without going backwards you just keep foot on brake press clutch cancel and turn the key and youll start moving forward. Btw this wasnt meant to be an ear chewing but an explanation.

Back