Free Wheel Hub Conversion

ToyotaHubs

Two patents pending
9FCF4948-79E8-425F-8FA5-8D417E32AC20.jpeg

$1250 Introductory Price

2005-2015
2016+

Replaces the outside joint on your OEM Toyota CV axles.
This mod will allow you to disconnect your CV axles from the wheels, sparing the boots and grease from unnecessary wear.
Alleviates parasitic front end drag, resulting in better MPG.

ABS/Speed sensor unaffected.
Can also install on aftermarket LT shafts, such as:
All-Pro Offroad +2" or Total Chaos +3.5".

Contents:
You will receive two boxes, each with everything needed to convert one CV.
Picture above is contents of each box.
OEM parts.

I opted to not include free wheel hubs in the price so you choose how to source those.
There are deals to be had on eBay or maybe folks already have some laying around from a 1st Gen.

If you buy new I suggest these:
Aisin FHT-019

PM me for order

No shipping fee within USA

Trail Spare- $285
Includes joint, boot with clamps, wire clip and grease.

Note:
Requires a 106mm+ wheel center bore.

Last edited:
No takers? Not even a single comment? People have been begging for these for years

Great product concept. I’m sure there’s still a pretty big market out there for them. Best of luck with your sales.
Welcome to the forum.

It’s an awesome kit and all but never saw it as an actual problem.

Agreed. I never did either. I remember years ago a lot of people swore it was the death of gas mileage and early wear on CV Axles.
I’m sure it does play a small part in early wear and mileage but I’ve never seen a true study with solid results either way.

I’m on TW too, trying to reach out. No study is really needed to prove the MPG, just look at the advertised MPG difference between a 2wd and 4x4 Tacoma. The additional 4x4 parts are only an extra 175lbs, not nearly enough to warrant 2-3 less MPG. People who have had manual hubs in the past can attest to the grease/boot wear difference, this isn’t anything new.

Thanks for the welcome.

Back