From a Golf R to a Tacoma

Well recently I traded in my highly modified golf R for a new Tacoma with the "Tforce" package. My dad has owned his Tacoma for about 14 years now and has had zero issues with it so I decided to be a man and grow up and got rid of my toy car. So far the extreme change from one world to the other is taking a toll on me haha. But I am loving the truck.
A little about me. I'm a VW technician, I've been doing it at VW for about 3-4 years now, I worked with ford for 1 year then jaguar for another. Currently live in the DFW area Texas, but moved from New Hampshire in 2009. I dislike the heat down here haha. I
I did have a question through, it has some bad ass KC lights on it, now halogen is cool, but we all know it's LEDs that have it going on haha. (Especially considering how bright the light bar on my atv is). I love the look of the lights and don't want to try and hide 6 ballasts for HIDs. Do they make led bulbs that are as bright as the halogen ones I can simply drop in?

Here's a few pics from when it was at the dealer ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403139791.191835.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403139803.975851.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403139813.659971.jpg

My other toy ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403139829.627914.jpg

And my former baby ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403139844.296066.jpg

Well recently I traded in my highly modified golf R for a new Tacoma with the "Tforce" package. My dad has owned his Tacoma for about 14 years now and has had zero issues with it so I decided to be a man and grow up and got rid of my toy car. So far the extreme change from one world to the other is taking a toll on me haha. But I am loving the truck.
A little about me. I'm a VW technician, I've been doing it at VW for about 3-4 years now, I worked with ford for 1 year then jaguar for another. Currently live in the DFW area Texas, but moved from New Hampshire in 2009. I dislike the heat down here haha. I
I did have a question through, it has some bad ass KC lights on it, now halogen is cool, but we all know it's LEDs that have it going on haha. (Especially considering how bright the light bar on my atv is). I love the look of the lights and don't want to try and hide 6 ballasts for HIDs. Do they make led bulbs that are as bright as the halogen ones I can simply drop in?

Here's a few pics from when it was at the dealer View attachment 2910View attachment 2911View attachment 2912

My other toy View attachment 2913

And my former baby View attachment 2914
Welcome from Forney....what part of DFW are you from?

I was upside down, value
Was dropping fast. Got out of it while I still could. Also pulling a trailer with a custom made hitch several hundred miles a weekend with a fully loaded atv on the back was getting super sketchy lol

2.0t with forged internals and larger cam(based off of bpy/FSI engine). Spec stage 3+ clutch, APR intercooler, AutoTech high pressure fuel pump, full APR intake system. Custom 3 inch exhaust. APR ECM tunning, many many other things inside like gauges and such and some euro model additions. H&R super sport springs with bilstien fully adjustable struts

Had bought a full stage 3 kit from APR which consisted of assorted piping and a garret GTX2871R which was rebuilt with a light weight billet impeller.

Car was just costing to much, it got wrecked and had close to no value I got out of it before I got to upside down

Yes. 230. BUT I was the third highest out if 50 cars. A Lambo above my dynoed 360 and the rs5 beat but I never saw him pull. It was a dyno dynamics dyno. An extreme heart breaker Car would hold you back in the seat untill about 97mph

Got it to 163 big open road (52 between Sherman and Bonham) you can see for miles, brand new road flat as hell. Never do it again though. Those speeds are something else. Only took me about 1 min to get there though

The R was fine at that speed m, felt like you were cursing about 100 on a highway but the adult part of my brain said hey dumbass have you seen want happens to a car that hits something at 100 mph? Let alone 160. The video of the focus hitting the wall at 100moh plays through my head. Actually ever since I saw that video I don't want to go fast in a street car

Back