Front Axles and CV's

CDubbYa

I just took my 08 Tacoma Off-road in to the shop to get a tune up on some things and didn't have a lot of time to do them myself. Found out both front axles need to be replaced. I've been looking around and found OEM from Dealership around $600+ per CV and found cheaper elsewhere. I do a lot of off-roading in the mountains and make a once-a-year trip to MOAB to test out my skills. If I turn hard one direction or another and put any load on them there is a pop and also when I throw her in reverse. The boot is spitting grease everywhere so I know it's time to do something. But just not wanting to spend $1200 to replace CV's.

I've seen people go with the cheap Vatozone units and just break them more often. Another option is RCV but those are about $2K.

AutoZone axles be what they may, but they come with a lifetime warranty.so if the blow just get another. installation really isn't that bad once you get one done you will find it to be an easier process the next time. So $60 axle plus an alignment and your good to go. If you don't mind picking up the wrenches it's a pretty good deal.

Back